Tell us about your Rescue or Shelter!!!

Kitty

I'm not- a scaredy- cat

Barked: Thu Jun 4, '09 12:45pm PST 
Furby & Kitty were adopted through Kentuckiana Pug Rescue.. At the present time KPR is unable to accept any new dogs because all of their foster homes have multiple fosters and they have no place to place any new rescues.

Kentuckiana Pug Rescue (KPR) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization incorporated in 2001. They are dedicated to the rescue, care, and placement of all unwanted, abandoned, neglected, and abused Pugs, giving them a second chance in a loving and caring forever home.

KPR takes any Pugs from the US states of Kentucky and Indiana, regardless of their age, temperament or medical condition. All pugs receive medical care and treatment (if needed), are spayed or neutered prior to placement, receive heartworm and fecal testing, and routine vaccinations.

Kentuckiana Pug Rescue is made up of people who deeply care about the breed. They know about Pugs' health issues, personality and temperament. They are volunteers who are dedicated to analyzing, rehabilitating and placing Pugs in the appropriate homes.

KPR does not have a facility where you can visit our Pugs. Rescued Pugs live in foster homes, where they are evaluated and cared for until they find their ideal adoptive family.

KPR does their utmost to make the best match for both the Pug and the adopting family. They carefully screen prospective homes and require all applicants to go through an Adoption Application Process. After the adoption is completed, they keep in touch with the family and require updates on the Pug, which enables them to see how the newly placed Pug is doing and offer any support that they can to the adoptive family
Ms Gigi

Don't hate me- 'cause I'm- beautiful

Barked: Thu Jun 4, '09 3:11pm PST 
Midwest Pug Rescue is a 501c rescue organization that is terribly overwhelmed right now. The organization is active in Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, and Minnesota.

Mission
We rescue and rehome any pug or pug mix in the midwest regardless of age or health. We have a very strict adoption policy starting with an application. We screen all applicants and match the best home for each dog. Not on a first come first serve basis. Our goal is the help each and every dog and put them each in the home best suited for them. We are an all volunteer organization.

Services
All of our dogs are altered and UTD on all vaccinations and have been seen by a veteranarian and been treated for any health problems before adoption..no exceptions.

Hours
All of our dogs are in foster homes..there is no shelter

Fees
Our adoption fees range from $200-300

Edited by author Thu Jun 4, '09 3:12pm PST

Ms Gigi

Don't hate me- 'cause I'm- beautiful

Barked: Sun Jun 7, '09 9:21am PST 
This is from Midwest Pug Rescue in Kansas City. I received this email yesterday, June 6. The email to respond is luvforpugs@aol.com

We have a bunch of pugs in need coming.

We need foster homes for the following pugs asap.

Pug female 5 years old from retired breeder
Pug female 5 years old from retired breeder
Pug female 2 years old from retired breeder
Pug male 2 years old from retired breeder

Pug male 8 years old from a family that had a baby and the usual don't have enough time for the pug
Pug male 5 years old BLACK from a breeder in KS
Pug Female 5 years old from a puppymill very scared needs a puppymill experienced home