Dog Treats...

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Riley

Moms girl...

Barked: Tue Sep 2, '08 8:57am PST 
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Dog Cookies

My mom makes these cookies for me, and they are Yummo! If she makes two recipes, she can just squeeze all the cookies onto one large cookie sheet.

1/4 Cup All-Natural Peanut Butter
1 Egg
1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 Cup Oatmeal

Put all ingredients into food processor and process until crumbly. Add enough water to create a dough. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness, and cut into desired shapes. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for about 1/2 hour.

Please get your moms (and anybody else you can persuade) to post recipes. Christmas will be here before we know it, and wouldn't it be pawsome if we all found a big assortment of goodies just for us under the tree!snoopy
♥- Brutus- ♥

Born to Play

Barked: Tue Sep 2, '08 9:01am PST 
Riley what a GREAT idea!!!! That recipe sounds so good but we don't have a food processer. Mom is gonna try it without one. I can't wait they sound so yummy! We'll start looking for recipes online too. You must be a mind reader over there cause mom had on her to-do list to start baking treats for moi!

You go Riley! dancingdancingdancingcheercheercheerdancingdancingdancing
Riley

Moms girl...

Barked: Tue Sep 2, '08 9:05am PST 
Thanks Brutie...you can make them without one...sorry I should of added that...dad just got one for his birthday...sored facebig grin
This is one just sent in from my grandmawave

Cheese & Bacon Treats
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup bacon bits (we use Hormel Real Bacon Bits)
2 tblsp. softened margarine
1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup milk
Preheat oven to 375. Cream together cheese, bacon bits and margarine. Add milk and flour. Mold mixture into a ball and roll dough to 1/4" thickness. Cut with cookie cutter and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until edges start to brown. Makes 1-1/2 dozen. (I like to double the recipe--they freeze well!)

Mom has not made this one...but grandma makes it all the time and actually sends them in the mail overnight to us...they are delicious!! She use to just personally deliver them..but you know we moved sooooshrug

Boo

Sqeaky Toys- beware!

Barked: Tue Sep 2, '08 9:14am PST 
OMD!!!!!!
I am in heaven jest reading these recipes!!! I will have to get mom to make them....MOOOOOOMmmmmm

We have a really good doggy cake recipe that mom makes fur all of us on our birthdays (Mine is coming up quickly..hint hint mom) she will post as soon as she finds it.
Riley

Moms girl...

Barked: Tue Sep 2, '08 9:20am PST 
Boo that would be fantastic Lucas's Birthday is the 15th of September so mom could make the cake for him!!!
Riley rubs her paws together in anticipation snoopysnoopy
Boo

Sqeaky Toys- beware!

Barked: Tue Sep 2, '08 9:22am PST 
OK mom makes this one but she uses each one our favorite foods in place of carrots...Wheezer loves carrots, Raven loves apples, Gus loves well anything but you can substitute the carrots. Mom also uses the chunky all natural peanut butter too. Oh yeah and mom used all natural cream cheese for Raven and Wheezers frosting, but she used the cottage cheese fur Gus a Mus's (It just doesn't hold up that well)

Peanut Butter Carrot Cake

1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1 egg
Mix flour and baking soda. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into greased 8" round cake pan and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Let cool. Puree cottage cheese in blender for icing. Decorate with more peanut butter and carrots

Edited by author Tue Sep 2, '08 9:24am PST

Riley

Moms girl...

Barked: Tue Sep 2, '08 9:30am PST 
snoopysnoopy Boo mom is going to make if for Lucas ...we will let you know how he likes it...we will also make sure to get some pics of the big guy eating his Boo Cake!!!snoopysnoopysnoopy
Riley

Moms girl...

Barked: Wed Sep 3, '08 1:29pm PST 
Mom found this one and thinks it sounds yummy...hamster dance
Homemade Frosty Paws:

32 oz. organic non-fat vanilla yogurt
2 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. organic or all-natural peanut butter
1 large organic banana, or 1 large jar of organic banana baby food

Blend all ingredients together. Pour into small paper cups and freeze. If the fruit is frozen before blending you can eat it right away!

You can also use strawberries or carob chips (or both) and blend to make a chocolately flavor. Play around with the fruit....ENJOY!!!

Note* try to use organic if possible, otherwise regular ingredients will work too. To make the batch last longer add a cup of instant prepared oatmeal to the blend!

hamster dance oh yeah this one sounds yummy!!!hamster dance
♥- Brutus- ♥

Born to Play

Barked: Thu Sep 4, '08 8:39am PST 
Someone just sent mommy this recipe:

How to Make a "Pupsicle"

Want to give your pup a refreshing treat after a nice long walk or a vigorous bout of exercise? Try making some doggy "pupsicles" using broth from a can or carton. Simply pour some low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth into an ice cube tray or small plastic container -- you can skip the sticks -- and pop it in the freezer until it's frozen solid. You'll have a cool, savory, low-calorie snack for your dog in just a few hours! If you're worried he'll make a soupy, melty mess, have him slurp his snack outside.
way to go
Boo

Sqeaky Toys- beware!

Barked: Thu Sep 4, '08 11:52am PST 
Oh yummo...I mean mom was just reading a disgusting story on how they make dog treats and dog food commerically, so she is gonna make a book of all these recipes and start making us natural food....Yeah!
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2