Close X

Where to find Clubs & Organisations

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Sadie- KCGCDS(G)

Talking- Agility- Owner

Barked: Tue Mar 4, '08 8:53am PST 
Dog agility trials are becoming more and more popular the world over. They began here in England, but "agility fever" quickly spread all over the globe. Now there are clubs and events everywhere that there are dogs.

Some clubs include the Kennel Club (in the U.K.), the United States Dog Agility Association (USDAA), the American Kennel Club (AKC) and the Agility Association of Canada (AAC). However, you need not be affiliated with or even live near a club or training facility to enjoy the sport of dog agility.

Dog Agility Clubs Are Everywhere!
Dogs are intelligent creatures, and they love a challenge. As the aforementioned kennel clubs are well aware, every breed has its own strengths and assets, both physically and intellectually. It's great fun to explore what your dog can do, and even train for competitions!

Even if you train your dog on your own dog agility course, and don't wish to be affiliated with any groups, it's still a good idea to stay in touch with them via phone or e-mail to stay aware of any events that may be happening in your area. Dog agility events are also a great way to get outside and meet and greet other great pets.
Sadie- KCGCDS(G)

Talking- Agility- Owner

Barked: Sun Mar 9, '08 3:08pm PST 
bump
Josie

Too cute for- words

Barked: Sun Mar 9, '08 3:40pm PST 
Maybe we can create a disabled agility trial...like they have fur olympicsthinking

Sadie- KCGCDS(G)

Talking- Agility- Owner

Barked: Sun Mar 9, '08 4:30pm PST 
I believe there are a few (very little) clubs that cater for pups with disabilities but I do know of a three legger who does agility and I have seen him in action - marvellous to watch him. Over here it is possible to join a fun club with a disabled pup (pending on the disability, of course) but as in everything to do with agility I recommend getting a pup checked out with your Vet first and foremost in case there are any "hidden" problemsway to gobig grin
Sadie- KCGCDS(G)

Talking- Agility- Owner

Barked: Sat Mar 22, '08 12:09pm PST 
bump
Sadie- KCGCDS(G)

Talking- Agility- Owner

Barked: Thu Mar 27, '08 2:40pm PST 
bumpbig grin
Sadie- KCGCDS(G)

Talking- Agility- Owner

Barked: Sat Apr 5, '08 1:08pm PST 
bump fur newbiesway to go
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Tue Apr 22, '08 5:41am PST 
We've found a club that mums very eager to take me to happy dance it's about 45 min drive from us but it does everything. They do training, hydrotherapy, flyball, gundog training, and agility.

Mum hopes to sign me up to the training first so i can learn to take notice of mum a bit more red face then sign up for agility hamster dance
Sadie- KCGCDS(G)

Talking- Agility- Owner

Barked: Tue Apr 22, '08 7:43am PST 
dancingdancingdancingdancingyay Tyler - I so pleased you found somewherehappy dancehappy dancehappy dance can't wait to hear how you get onway to gowink
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Tue Apr 22, '08 8:30am PST 
Mums sent them an email just to inquire about prices and times happy dance
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2