stink-butt glands

Hitchcock

Frito Feet

Barked: Mon Dec 3, '07 12:46pm PST 
Hi basset mix lovers, I'm Hitchcock and am new to the group! I want to know how many of my new friends have had their anal glands removed and if it caused problems? My owners are kind of getting tired of the stinkiness!! But at they same time they are leery of the problems that could be caused by removing the glands, all input is appreciated!|snoopy
Ollie

Barked: Tue Dec 4, '07 10:53am PST 
Hi Hitchcock! I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with your anal glands. Fortunately I've been lucky enough not to have any problems with my anal gland. I have to say I haven't heard of them being removed, I've heard of them being cleaned but not removed. My cousin Lilly had a lot of problems with hers but they never talked about them being removed. I"m interested in this. I may try to look up some information for you. I hope things work out.

Lots of licks,
Ollie
Willow- Rosenberg- Friedman

Meh

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '08 1:26pm PST 
I (Willow) have problems and have to go to the vet periodically to be "expressed". They offered to teach this to my mom, but she said, "no thanks" and brings me in when I need it. good luck, I know how bad it feels, hope you feel better soon.

Rocky

Naptime- anyone???

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '08 9:22pm PST 
I have this problem also. Mom tricks me into getting in the bathroom and then locks the door. She taught me to jump in the tub myself because she says I am to heavy. I only weigh 80 pounds. BOL. I don't like it and I know mommy doesn't either but I feel lots better afterwards.red face
Lucy

If I can reach- it I can eat it

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '08 3:18pm PST 
I just blame the stinkiness on my kids!