So is it true?

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
King Dewey- of- Destruction

I'm not your- typical pug!

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '07 5:55pm PST 
So I was wondering, is it true that us pugs always choose a favorite parent? My dad was disappointed because my mom took both my brother and I for a walk. Due to both our separate bad walking habits, she had to take one of us at a time. He was disappointed that I just stared at the door the whole time my brother and my mom were gone, instead of going to see him. He said "See, there's another pug thing. They choose a favorite parent. He's active when you're home, and he's only calm when you hold him, but he tries to bite me. My co worker said her pug liked his dad better until he got older and then he liked them both." He likes to find out things he calls "pug things" that he reads online. Here are some others he has read:

We tend to tilt our head more than other breeds.
We tend to walk in figure 8s before we poop.
We sometimes walk sideways.
We hit our head.... A LOT!
We snore more than others.
We fart more than others.
We are clowns.
We sometimes play with our poop.
We supposedly sleep 14-16 hours a day (my mom is waiting to see that one)

But basically this thread was created to ask if you guys think us pugs really choose a parent when we are young.
Ebony

The Meek Shall- Inherit the- Earth

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '07 8:44pm PST 
LOL sounds like my Pug mom....She does all those things. We all like our human Mom the best though. Do you ever play with fabric softener sheets that have already been dried? or with 2 litre bottles? They're the best.snoopy

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '07 6:01am PST 
No but it sounds like fun! One time my mom dropped a water bottle and I took off with that before she could even think of picking it up. Last night I knocked over a 12 pack of soda and made 2 cans roll out!

Furby

I'm- cute

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '07 6:12am PST 
Dewey you are just a little "live wire" aren't you! So for the liking Mom or Dad best... we didn't meet them until we were five but Mom is Number 1 in our book. Though Dad's lots of fun to give pug bites to and sit on his tummy when he's doing his sit ups.
Ming

Lover boy!

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '07 7:07am PST 
Hey Dewey,
I have to admit, Daddy says all the time that I love Mommy better.
He knows I love him, but Mom is the one!
Does anyone stare at their food. Mommy thinks it's quite funny, but I stand there and look at my food. I think I am waiting for Mommy to hand feed me, cause she has done that before and I love it.
Your pal,
Ming
Minnie

Where's the- rabbit?

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '07 9:56am PST 
I am not a pug, but my brother Ming is and he burps after he eats. I think that is a puggie thing. laugh out loud
Benny

Awww...sucky- sucky now

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '07 10:49am PST 
I definitely love Mommy's lap best! It makes the best cuddling place for me to burrito under a blanket! I think I love Mommy just a little bit more, but lately I've been spending a lot of time with Daddy, so it's kinda hard to say. Daddy is always saying to Mommy "he's your pug," but he does this while I'm cuddling on his lap. He pretends like he doesn't care if I love him or not, but I know he does.

Ming--I don't stare at my food per se, but before I'll eat dinner I do wait for Mommy or Daddy to give me my "pugga din-din luvs", which consists of scratching my back and sides and cooing at me.
Matilda

If you throw it,- I will fetch

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '07 10:59am PST 
I'm not a pug, but there's no question that Mommy is my favorite! I made her into a dog person! She is always coming to my defense when I do something wrong and Daddy wants to punish me. And Daddy is always teasing me and putting wrestling moves on me, which I loathe but tolerate with complete contempt for him. Mommy tells him to stop, but he won't. I tolerate him because I have to, since he is a package deal with Mommy.

I don't enjoy having to compete with Benny for her lap, but I know that I'm her girl and that I'll always be first in her heart, since I came first! snoopy
Minnie

Where's the- rabbit?

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '07 11:48am PST 
Matilda, I feel the same way. I came first, but Ming wants all of Mommys attention. Mommy tells him that I need lovin too!

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '07 4:18pm PST 
How funny! I didn't hear of burping before but it would not surprise me. We sound like little oinkers with our farting and snoring. My brother feels the same way. Ever since I came I have tried to hog all the attention, so it's really funny when my mom has to pet us both the same time.

I am definitely a "live wire" I never ever stop except for an hour here or there (on weekends) but I never stop from the time my mom comes home until she goes to bed during the week. I wear her out.
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2