clothes for chiweenies???

Holly

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '07 1:25am PST 
Does anybody else have trouble finding sweaters and coats for chiweenies. Our little one gets so chilly and needs something warm to wear outdoors this time of year though the spring but I can never find anything long enough but small enough. Anybody else have this problem?
Amaretto

Cute as a- button!

Barked: Thu Oct 4, '07 10:54am PST 
There are some ebay stores where there are people that personally MAKE the clothes you order and will take your measurements from you and everything!!! Thats probably the best bet to get one long enough for your baby!
Belle

Short legs, long- body, huge- heart.

Barked: Fri Oct 5, '07 3:22pm PST 
google weenie wraps.

i kind of like that all of belle's clothes make her look even longer. i have a hard time finding any cothes that fit exactly right since she is between and xxsm and xsm.

Mini Cooper

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '07 9:22pm PST 
I get mmost all of Cooper's and Shenna's clothes at Wal-mart. Since Shenna is a Yorkie, they fit her well. Cooper on the other hand is hard to fit as he is longer and also so barrel chested. I find the sweaters that fit him in lentgh, he ends up walking out of, as his chest is so big it stretches out and he steps out of them. I found a little rain coat at the Dollar Store in Oregon and Mom cut it apart and used it as a pattern to make him a sweater out of fleece. I velcro's under the neck and then under his belly. You can also find patterns for dog clothes, and they will have this pattern as well. Or as one mentiond above, use ebay and have some custom made. Good Luck on your search.
Althea

Princess

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '07 3:32pm PST 
Yes I too have the same problem. Sooo, I learned to knit and just finished her first sweater. It's adorable. As soon as I take a pic I'll post one.

Aside from having some made I've found Outward Hound's clothing seems to fit best.

Best wishes all!