New Members, please intoduce yourself HERE!!

(Page 6 of 18: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  
♣ Rico ♣

Bambi's Boy Toy

Barked: Sat Nov 18, '06 10:08am PST 
Hi,

My name is Rico and I'm a 7 1/2 month old Chihuahua puppy. I haven't been to any classes yet but I'm sure that my mom will make me take some.

I know how to sit, sit-up and beg, come, and high five. But, my best trick is just looking sooo cute : )
Little Miss- Maddi

We're in Modern- Dog! Pages 56,- 57 & 80!

Barked: Sat Nov 18, '06 11:37am PST 
I'm Maddi, and I have taken the PetSmart puppy, and intermediate classes....and I will do just about anything for CHICKEN!!!!

My goodness there are so many talented pups out there!!!! Some of you need to be on PetStar!!!!

I know most the basics, sit, down, stay, come, take it, leave it (with chicken right in front of me), heel, roll over, on my bed, I play dead to "bang", I dance in circles, sit pretty (front paws up), gimme 5, "wait" at intersections, then "lets go" when it's time to walk, and wave

I can identify my favorite toys by pointing to them on command (mommy lines them up in front of her and asks "where's kitty, where's froggy" etc.)

Manners-I sit for attention, or new visitors (rather than jumping on legs), and sit to be held on the sofa, I wait to eat until given permission even with the food right in front of me! (really hard with spaghetti!), I do not go near humans that are eating (no begging allowed!), I do not bark (well, maybe only once if mommy does not hear her cell phone vibrate), and sit next on mommies left on the elevator.

I either stand or lay down in position when mommy needs to groom me (ears cleaned, claws, paw hair or eyebrows clipped)

We're currently working on "pick up toys", and my standing stay...and would love to learn cross my paws and maybe hide (cover my eyes with my paws)....but those are all tough!

P.S. -KUDOS TO ECHO (page 4) FOR "PONYTAIL"....THAT'S INCREDIBLE!!!!

Edited by author Sat Nov 18, '06 11:56am PST

Molly

PLAY RUN JUMP- PLAY RUN- JUMP.......

Barked: Sat Nov 18, '06 4:48pm PST 
Hi !! I'm Molly, a 10 mth old terrier mix.
I know basic obedience (doesn't mean I do it, just means I know it !)
Mom is trying to teach me tricks but it's not going real well !! I'm a bit stubborn big grin
Mom is teaching me "over" and "under" - I'm suppose to jump over a bar then go under it - the over is easy, I'm not so sure about the under !!

Kiki

If princess aint- happy aint- nobody happy

Barked: Sat Nov 18, '06 9:09pm PST 
Hi everyone,

We are feeling a little out of our league here! Some of you pups are super duper advanced! Yikes! Anyhoot, I'm super laid back and do what I like to do best - sleep all day long! When I'm not napping sometimes mom tries to teach me stuff because she knows that I'll do almost anything for a treat. Having said that, here is my list...

-Sit
-Lay down
-Roll over
-Play dead
-Kisses on demand
-Pirouette
-Up (standing on hind legs)
-Jump
-Man your post (run over to the chair because there is something outside to bark at)
-To the landing station (the third step where we hook their leashes on before they can go outside)
-Waiting at an intersection and then "lets go"
-High ten
-In your spot (her spot in bed between our pillows)
-Drop it
-Leave it (sometimes)
-Stay (sometimes)
-Go get it

Mom would LOVE to teach me and my sister how to clean up our own toys... Can't believe there are dogs that can actually do that! If we can learn that then maybe then we can also learn how to vaccum or do laundry! BOL!
Lexy CGC

Be Happy!

Barked: Sat Nov 18, '06 10:53pm PST 
Hi everybody I'm Lexy. This is a great forum. I had no idea. I am always eager to learn new tricks.

I have been in the basic training class with Petsmart (the one above the puppy class) Then I took Click a Trick. I am now in intermediate obedience with a local school. I have 6 more weeks. I was told I needed to get an obedience certificate to join a volunteer organization called happy tails that vistis hospitals and homes. Hopefully I will pass their evaluation. I would like to get my canine good citizen certification and do some agility next year. I love learning. Lets see so far I can
Sit, Drop (My command for Down), Beg, Wave, High Five, Shake with each Foot, Roll over, Play Dead, Ring a Bell for Food, Bark, Speak (this is a softer lower kind of growl), Twirl, Jump through a hula hoop, jump a hurdle, heel, stay, and wait (which to me is a more relaxed stay and means dont cross a line like the threshold to the front door or go down the stair until mommy says I can.), stand, watch me, fetch, leave it and release.

Something funny that I do is stick my nose in people's ear when mommy tells me too. She calls this a wet willy. She did not teach me I started doing it myself . They laughed and I liked it.

I am trying to learn to go to a mark and stay for pictures.
I cant think of any others off the top of my head.

Thanks for letting me join.
I cant wait to learn more tricks.
Lexy

- how many commands do currently know
- Any other things that you'd like to talk about

Edited by author Sat Nov 18, '06 10:59pm PST

Riley

Rowdy and- Riled-up

Barked: Sat Nov 18, '06 11:51pm PST 
Hi my name is Riley. I am 3 1/2 years old. My mom is taking me to beginner dog training classes right now and I am almost done. I already knew some pretty cute tricks before class but I needed work on the basics. My tricks before class were: sit, sit-up, high 5, shake paws, rollover, and crawl (sort of). Now I come when I'm called, sit at a distance, down at a distance, walk nice on a leash, I know what off and leave it means, and my mom is teaching how to bow, wave, and cover my face. It's all a lot of fun!!
♥- Bambi- ♥

LITTLE DOODLEBUG

Barked: Sun Nov 19, '06 1:13am PST 
Hi, my name is Bambi. I'll be 2 years old the day after Christmas.

I've never been to any classes, my attention span isn't always the greatest, but I do know these tricks: sit, beg, come, fetch, get my toy, speak, go bye-bye (walk to door), go outside (walk to back door), and I think that is about it. =) My biggest trick is being a super model! I love to pose for pictures. BOL

Edited to say: I forgot to mention I am also an excellent walker on a leash. I have been since I was about 4 months old.

Edited by author Sun Nov 19, '06 1:14am PST

Dodger

Life is good!

Barked: Sun Nov 19, '06 9:27am PST 
Hi my name is Dodger and I'm a 6 yr old Jack Russell Terrier.
I am brand new to Dogster and learned about this group while reading the forum.

We suffered a great loss recently, when my older sister Trixie passed away. It's been very sad for our family and especially hard for me and my Mom. Sometimes I forget she's gone and I go looking for her, which makes my mom cry (she's silly like that).

Mom was thinking learning new tricks would help take our minds off our loss. So, when we saw this group, she thought it was perfect!

I attended a basic obedience class when I was little but, that was a long time ago. Moms been a bit lax in my training over the past few years because basically I'm a pretty well behaved little guy.

The commands I know well are... sit, down,stay ( need to work on the long stay), come, crawl, paw, "wait" for the biscuit,no and go to my crate (although moms got a pretty liberal "open door" policy on my crate).

I have also competed and won a few ribbons in the "Jack Russell Terrier Trials". Although we haven't been to any recently, these are field trials where they hold competition events for things like racing (both flat courses and with hurdles), go to ground (crawling though an underground tunnel following a scent), agility course racing,the high jump, tracking & locating, etc.

My sister Trixie was best at "go to ground" & "agility racing". My specialties were " high jump" and "agility racing". I can't say these are tricks though because there was no training involed. It's just something that comes to us Jacks (and other breeds too) naturally. If you wave a lure in front of us we will chase it over, under and through any obstacle (including hell or high water) to get it! BOL

For this reason I don't think my Mom would ever trust me off leash in an unconfined area. I'd see a squirrel or something and just take off after it without even thinking! I just can't help it! party

Anyway, it's good to be here and I look forward to getting to know you all better and learning some fun new tricks.

Thanks,
Dodger
Chester

I dare you to- throw it on the- floor

Barked: Sun Nov 19, '06 3:55pm PST 
hey guys I'm chester,
I'm close to 6 months now and I've only ever had a puppy class, I know sit pretty much any way you can ask for it, lie down, crawl, play dead and thats pretty much it. sit is the onl I do without a bribe tho.
Kiara

Don\\\'t hate me- because I\\\'m- adorable

Barked: Mon Nov 20, '06 7:52am PST 
Hi everyone! I'm Kiara and I'm about 2.5 years old. I've taken Puppy, Intermediate, and Advanced training classes at PetsMart. I know sit, down (only when mommy uses a treat, I decided I don't want to do it anymore), stay, leave it, drop it, nighty night (that means go to my crate), come, crawl, stand (basically to stand on all fours for grooming or so mommy can check me out if needed), jump, and I can play hide and seek with mommy.

I was in training classes for about the first year of my life, and loved it. We've taken a break and just done informal training at home, but mommy is looking for new classes to take me to. We are looking at agility, flyball, therapy dog classes, and of course Canine Good Citizen. And mommy wants to teach me some of the funner tricks like rollover, shake, and stuff.

I'm really excited to be here and can't wait to jump into things!

Licks & Sniffs,
Kiara
  (Page 6 of 18: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18