GO!

Great dane with seperation anxiety

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Emma- Percephone- Grace

Destroyer of- Everything!

Barked: Thu Apr 3, '08 6:13am PST 
So my great dane Emma was diagnosed with seperation anxiety. So some of the things she does is when I leave, she will pee and poop all over the back porch, crate, house, wherever I leave her. She will tear anything she can get her mouth on to shreds, she won't eat and she's losing weight fast! So my vet out her on Amitriptylin and she has been on it for 4 days now and I've noticed she is alot calmer! But I'm having the problem with her not eating. She will not eat at all! So right now I'm boiling some chicken breast to give to ger with her dry food to try and get her to eat. She is losing about 4 pounds a week. I don't know what else I can do to get her to eat. I'm going to try and change her ry food again this week to but she is so picky with her food also. Emma won't eat just anything. Plus she won't eat unless I'm stadning right there with her. Any advice or suggestions please?
[notify]
Madison Marjorie

Serenity Now

Barked: Fri Apr 4, '08 6:02am PST 
Oh poor Emma. Feel better. What are you feeding her now? I have a picky eater now (not our Dane but another). Would it bother you if you did mix in some stuff with her dry food?
[notify]