GO!

Help! My Doxie hates other Doxies!!!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Kaiser Casey- AKA: K.C.

I love- everybody!

Barked: Mon Nov 2, '09 10:47pm PST 
I have a question. Have any of you heard of a Dachshund not like other Dachshunds? I have read and been told that the Dachshund is a breed that likes hanging out with one another. But, for some reason my dog ignores other Dachshunds. It became more evident when we were at the dog park and there were about 6 other dachshunds there. He woiuld run away if one came towards him. It wasn't the "chase me" run it was the "get away from me" with his tail between his legs. He never acts this way with other dogs. He is a pretty confident guy, but for some reason he doesn't like other weiner dogs. Has anyone else been through this or heard about this situation? I have a question. Have any of you heard of a Dachshund not like other Dachshunds? I have read and been told that the Dachshund is a breed that likes hanging out with one another. But, for some reason my dog ignores other Dachshunds. It became more evident when we were at the dog park and there were about 6 other dachshunds there. He woiuld run away if one came towards him. It wasn't the "chase me" run it was the "get away from me" with his tail between his legs. He never acts this way with other dogs. He is a pretty confident guy, but for some reason he doesn't like other weiner dogs. Has anyone else been through this or heard about this situation?
[notify]
Amazing- "Grace"

Live life to the- fullest

Barked: Sun Dec 13, '09 2:18pm PST 
I have always thought dachshunds like to be around other dachshunds. At my house where you see one the others are somewhere close. If she had her own (doxie) at home I believe she would find that she loved having someone around with the same likes as her.
[notify]
Lupi

I\\\'ll do- anything for a- treat!

Barked: Sat Dec 19, '09 8:32pm PST 
My Doxie isn't overly fond of most other Doxie's either. We used to take her to meet-ups, but they seemed to stress her out. In general she loves other dogs, but most Doxie's seem pretty high strung and that scares her. She's a very calm, mellow girl.
[notify]

Mocha

DoggoneKnits.com

Barked: Mon Mar 1, '10 8:10am PST 
Did you adopt your dachshund? Is it possible that he had a bad experience with another dog that has made him skittish? I have not heard of this before either --- I am in a dachshund group that has as many as forty of them running around happily in a dog park at once... A suggestion? Have you dog meet just one other dachshund in a neutral setting. It could be that he's overwhelmed by meeting too many at the same time.
[notify]