GO!

Dachshund Winter Coat

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Lupin

The Flying- Sausage Dog!

Barked: Wed Oct 17, '07 6:01pm PST 
So this dog needs a coat but none of the ones we've tried seem to fit very well any recommendations? Help please!
[notify]
Lily Jane

The original- dachshund- supermodel!

Barked: Sat Oct 20, '07 4:04pm PST 
My suggestion: make one! My dogs each have personalized, hand-knitted sweaters by me. Lily is the Superdog and Lucy is cursed to be a TX Longhorns fan forever. cheer Aw...poor dog!
[notify]
Rondo

Puppy Prodigy

Barked: Sun Oct 21, '07 9:28pm PST 
Hi Lupin!

You should check out the Teckelklub line--it's an entire line for dachshunds! Our friends Parker and Jack the Poms have their own store in Chicago and they carry the entire line. I tried on one of the coats a couple of weeks ago and it was a perfect fit! They're also really well made, and layerable (you can zip in polarfleece inserts to make them warmer!)

Good luck!!

Blixa

Mama's Boy and- proud of it!

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '07 8:01am PST 
Check out Houndz in the Hood on-line. They have a line just for Doxies too.
[notify]
Bama AKA- "Buddybear'

'Just as cuddly- as i look!'

Barked: Mon Oct 29, '07 9:08pm PST 
i dont really know............i got bama the cutest blue and brown sweater from walmart and it seems to fit pretty good and was just 7.00 i know there are some sites i have found that have clothes just for dachshies
[notify]