GO!

Can you help me out?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

jake

Barked: Tue Aug 21, '07 4:48pm PST 
Jake has a habit of going threw the trash. I luckly stop him before he fully gets into it, but later he trys again. I tell him no trash can again and again but nothing is getting threw to him! Any suggestings on how to teach him no?

Thanks.
[notify]
Petey

Not happy unless- I know where Mom- is

Barked: Wed Aug 22, '07 3:15pm PST 
Don't know if it is possible, but my trash can is in a cabinet. Oy could put it in a room with a closed door or a can with a tight lid. Hope something helps here
[notify]
♥- Bella Mae- ♥

That's mine. And- that's mine. And- that.

Barked: Thu Aug 23, '07 10:19pm PST 
Have you tried to maybe spray the outside of the trash can/bag with sour apple spray? You can buy it at your local pet store and after a few licks of that I don't think he'll want to get into it again. its meant to be spray on stuff you don't want them to chew on, so I guess the trash would be under that catagory. Good luck.wave
[notify]

Jody

Born to bark!

Barked: Mon Aug 27, '07 10:45am PST 
If I can go by my Jody's personality, there is no such thing as "no". She is completely compulsive and doesn't seem to want to stop herself when we tell her "no" about anything she wants to do.
We love her anyway, but it does get old sometimes. Especially the barking.
[notify]
Bama AKA- "Buddybear'

'Just as cuddly- as i look!'

Barked: Thu Aug 30, '07 8:07pm PST 
i am not sure my doggies have never done that too much. try the bitter apple thing it stopped my bully from chewing on his cage. wave
[notify]
maggie

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '07 4:08pm PST 
Trash pail with a cover.
[notify]
Oscar and- Callie

SQUIRREL!!!

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '07 8:26pm PST 
Buy a big silver trash can with a step on lid opener. It has an inside plastic can so you can put the top ends of the bag between the silver can and the plastic can on the inside. It keeps the trash from smelling and closes tightly. It is also tall, too tall for my short little babies. When cousin Ella, big dog, comes over, she does not touch the trash can and she LOVES trash. This can may cost alot, but it is worth it.
[notify]
Skeeter Man

Born to be a- little devil

Barked: Wed Sep 26, '07 6:52am PST 
I am a trash eater myself. My mommie had to buy a metal trash can with the step opener like Oscar and Callie are talking about.
It sure keeps me out of the trash. way to go
[notify]
Lucy

roo roo roo roo- roo

Barked: Mon Oct 8, '07 10:51pm PST 
I have the same problem. After a year ive found that the best solution is hiding the trash can under a cabinet or perhaps on an elevated surface.
smile
[notify]
snickers

Barked: Sun Dec 23, '07 10:52am PST 
thinkingthe best thing is the bitter apple spray
[notify]