GO!

How to wash away dog's pee smell??

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Joush

Barked: Fri Jul 27, '12 1:29am PST 
just as the title and i mean no offense.LOL..I have tried different type of household washing product but can't get rid of the smell..how you people do that ?? any suggestion would be great Thanks!
[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Fri Jul 27, '12 4:20am PST 
I use DEP emzyme spray. It works well. You may need more than one application. I don't know where you live, but I get it from Home Depot.
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Fri Jul 27, '12 6:52am PST 
Enzyme cleaners work well. I also follow up with household white vinegar and then plain water rinse.
[notify]

Ra

Veteran Watchdog

Barked: Sat Jul 28, '12 12:13pm PST 
I use Nature's Miracle, which you can check out on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Miracle-Stain-Remover-Spray/dp/B0000TW BXA
It works perfectly. smile
[notify]
Sarge

Teddybear

Barked: Sun Jul 29, '12 10:59pm PST 
Honestly I've tried every type of chemicals I could find and even used the vinigar rinse and have used steam cleaners and rented professional grade steam cleaners but once a dog pees on the carpet it isn't ever going to come out. It will get rid of the smell for a little while but when it gets hot in the house you can still smell it. If you pull up the carpet later you will see it in the fibers and smell it. One of the reasons why I don't want carpet again. Both my dogs are potty trained but I know some day I'll have to potty train another puppy.
[notify]
Joush

Barked: Mon Jul 30, '12 3:01am PST 
to Kali
thanks 4 you advice.i d appreciate it so much.lol
[notify]
Joush

Barked: Mon Jul 30, '12 3:04am PST 
to Lucille,
then Enzyme is great. maybe joush is some kinda of stupid. lol i teach him thousand times but.. hmm.
[notify]
Joush

Barked: Mon Jul 30, '12 3:06am PST 
to Kityra,
hmm thanks for your sharing.blue dogblue dog
[notify]
Joush

Barked: Mon Jul 30, '12 3:10am PST 
to Sarge,
i used to try type of chemicals but the results,hmm, you know that.sometimes it is harder to clean the chemical smell.now i'd rather take Joush outside.
[notify]
Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Mon Jul 30, '12 12:45pm PST 
I use "Unique" brand and a room ionizer and it takes care of most things where I know the spot was. In addition if I just can't tell where the smell is actually coming from I move the ionizer where the smell is. The trick with the ionizer is to put it in the same area that you are smelling the pee because ozone will take care of the smell, but it tends to pool in places around where the ozone is coming from.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3