GO!

Home remedies for dogs with bad odors

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
stormy

Barked: Sun Dec 12, '10 6:50pm PST 
Hi Everyone:
Here are a few good, common sense ideas to get rid of that dog stink we are so familiar with:

http://dogandcattips.yolasite.com/home-remedies-for-dogs-with-ba d-odors.php
[notify]
Maxwell Smart

The dog park toy- thief!

Barked: Sun Dec 12, '10 9:15pm PST 
A diet change often eliminates body odour as well. I feed prey-model raw and Max does not smell like dog at all, even when wet!smile
[notify]
Bam-Bam, CGC

Lil' Rubble

Barked: Mon Dec 13, '10 6:36pm PST 
Ditto.
Can honestly say I'm not all that familiar with dog stink in my home.
[notify]

Snickers

Momma is the- center of the- universe...

Barked: Mon Dec 13, '10 6:55pm PST 
I think it may be the dog sometimes.
My 3 dogs have different smells.
Pepper has the cleanest smell of any dog I ever had. Sonny smells fine, a little bit og the oily retriever in there. Snickers, not so much. He is the doggiest smelling dog I ever had!
[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Mon Dec 13, '10 8:31pm PST 
My 2 poms always smell great. My pug/poodle always seems to stink.shrug
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Tue Dec 14, '10 10:48am PST 
Bianca smells like a dog. shrug
It's not really strong, but it's there.
It's not her diet, she gets raw and Instinct. Her teeth are good (thanks to the raw bones) so it's not her mouth/breath. thinking
[notify]
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Tue Dec 14, '10 10:55am PST 
Thanks Stormy. Yeah, mine eat raw also, Guster doesn't have a body odor anymore but Kolbe definitely still does.
[notify]
stormy

Barked: Tue Dec 14, '10 12:58pm PST 
Although I have no basis in fact to validate this, but I think each dog's individual digestive system has much to do with the odors they give off. Just like some humans can eat a bowl of chili with no problems and other people should only be allowed to consume it while at the top of a mountain. LOL
[notify]
Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Tue Dec 14, '10 3:40pm PST 
Yeah that is true! Probiotics are great for digestion in dogs.
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Wed Dec 15, '10 8:32am PST 
My friend has a 7 year old Golden that used to stink to high heaven no matter what it ate or how often it was bathed. She started giving him a tablespoon of good quality plain yogurt with active cultures every day and in a month or so that smell was gone.

If she forgets to buy or give him his yogurt, it starts coming back. We think it's the flora in his gut that produces it, and the yogurt seems to balance it, or quell it's overgrowth somehow. But hey, it's fairly cheap and the dog likes it, it's good for dogs, so it's worth a try.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2