GO!

Carpet Shampoo

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Butters

~7lbs. of- spoiled rotten~

Barked: Wed Nov 24, '10 4:38am PST 
I don't have the Spot Bot, but my mom has the Mean Green Pet...it's pretty awesome! Anyways, I used it the other day bc I found Butters' pee spots on my brand new carpet. Needless to say, he's now permanently wearing a belly band. frown

Anyways, my mom gave us a mini black light that FI thought would be fun to use to look around and find more pee spots. As he was looking, he went back over the area that I cleaned and the actual stain never came up! The smell and color is gone, but the actual chemical that glows in a black light is still there. If I had a party with black lights, my house would look terrible! And it's on the carpet outlining the couch. silenced

Anyways, does anyone know of a good carpet shampoo I can try or even a presoak pet stain spray to get it up? I had used the Bissel Pet Stain carpet shampoo when I tried cleaning it the first time. Lysol all purpose cleaning spray doesn't work either....
[notify]
Stella

Teacup- chupacabra

Barked: Wed Nov 24, '10 7:44am PST 
I use white vinegar and the gold colored listerine for cleaning up pet spots - I used to use an enzymatic cleaner that comes in a maroon bottle, can't remember the name, that purportedly broke down all the pee oogies. Not OdoBan, but something along those lines...
[notify]
Butters

~7lbs. of- spoiled rotten~

Barked: Mon Nov 29, '10 11:40am PST 
Did you mix the two?

P.s.: Sorry for taking so long to reply. I totally forgot about this thread and the community homepage is terrible for sorting my group vs public forum posts.
[notify]