GO!

Dust Busting tips

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Our Gang

Barked: Sat Oct 23, '10 7:13am PST 
We have a large number of dogs and it seems like the dust is never ending. We do have carpeting and that has to stay, not risking torn cruciates from slipping on the bare floors. Does anyone have any tips on keeping the house from looking like the great Dust Bowl
[notify]
Cooper

st. francis of- asses

Barked: Sat Oct 23, '10 7:16am PST 
We have 4 dogs and 3 cats, the dogs are in and out all day. My furniture always has a layer of dust laugh out loud We just keep the swiffer dusters handy and run them over the furniture at least once a day. It's a pain but it's better than having it all over your coffee tables and such!
[notify]
Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Sat Oct 23, '10 4:58pm PST 
swiffer dusters with extender handle

swiffer sweeper vac for hard floors

hoover windtunnel with attachments for carpet and stairs
[notify]

Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Mon Oct 25, '10 9:21am PST 
We don't have a problem with dust, but with sand. I feel like we live in a sandbox. I just keep a Black & Decker dust buster plugged in and ready and use it daily.
[notify]
Riley CGC- DSA

Designer Mutt!

Barked: Thu Nov 4, '10 9:12am PST 
The more I vacuum the less dust their seems to be. But it's still there... shrug
[notify]
Mini

A Heartbeat at- Your Feet ♥

Barked: Thu Nov 4, '10 3:30pm PST 
I agree!! I have so much dust, I dust all the time and I think it's dogs mixed with carpeting and an old house. It's a rental so I'm not ripping out the carpet.
Has anyone tried that Pledge or whatever that's supposed to help repel dust or make it stay dust free for longer?
I wanna know if that actually works?! laugh out loud
[notify]
Riley CGC- DSA

Designer Mutt!

Barked: Thu Nov 4, '10 8:57pm PST 
IT DOESN'T WORK! Don't waste your money... cry
[notify]
Sargent &- Dutchess CGC

Barked: Thu Nov 4, '10 9:15pm PST 
I wish I knew the secret! I hate dust and can never get rid of it.
[notify]
Mini

A Heartbeat at- Your Feet ♥

Barked: Thu Nov 4, '10 9:51pm PST 
laugh out loud Thanks Riley!!
[notify]
Riley CGC- DSA

Designer Mutt!

Barked: Sat Nov 6, '10 9:34am PST 
Anytime. wink
[notify]