GO!

Water trails

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Spencer

disc dog

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 6:53pm PST 
My other 2 dogs are not a problem, but Spencer always leaves a huge trail of water after he drinks. We have one of those big jugs that you turn over and fills a water bowl. It is up on a little stool, with a cookie sheet underneath to catch the immediate drippings. Still he leaves about a 20 foot path of water dripping out of his mouth to his next location. Depending on how thirsty he is that day, it leaves our kitchen as a big mess of water, that usually becomes muddy with the dirt he tracks in as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions that have worked for them?
[notify]
Harlow

st. francis of- asses

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 7:02pm PST 
No suggestions, I have 2 dals that do the same thing laugh out loud My kitchen is always a mess from them drinking. I have no idea how to correct that though shrugshrug
[notify]
Dolly

I'm spoiled but- not rotten!

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 7:59pm PST 
Dolly drools a lot and leaves water everywhere after she drinks. I put the water bowl inside of a litter pan so it catches what she drools when she lifts her head up but its still everywhere laugh out loud I just try to wipe the floor up after she drinks, sorry but if anyone has any better solutions please let me know!!
[notify]

Bella and- Daisy CGC

I'm a Meanie

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 8:17pm PST 
No suggestions here either. shrug

Daisy not only dribbles from her mouth, but both of her ears hang into the water a couple inches so they drip too.

I have carpet so I can't usually see where the drips are, i just get cold, wet on my feet. LOL
[notify]
Benji

Barked: Sat Oct 23, '10 2:40pm PST 
I have two dogs that are fine, but one of mine leaves a flood after drinking! I also have a litter pan type piece of plastic under the water bowl to catch the immediate drips. I also leave a towel on the floor close to the water bowl (that I usually don't leave out if I have guests) and I use the towel with my foot to wipe up the water path as I walk by the bowl. The bowl is in my dining room and I have to pass the bowl to get to my kitchen so I wipe the trail quite a few times a day. I am not sure what else to do, but my laminate is bubbling from all the dripping laugh out loud
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Mon Oct 25, '10 9:26am PST 
Same problem here. Best solution I've found is to purchase one of the quick wicking mats from Sam's Club or Costco. The mat stays on the floor and the water bowl goes smack dab in the middle of it. It's worked very well. Helps contain the worst water drool, doesn't mold, really cuts down on dirt in the doorways too. They're under $20. Here's a similar one to what we have: http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=105553&navAc tion=
[notify]
Maya

Barked: Mon Oct 25, '10 11:24am PST 
I like that mat idea! Maya is also terrible about this - I currently keep an old folded beach towel under her bowl to soak up most of it, and just wash the towel once a week
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Mon Oct 25, '10 11:29am PST 
Savannah -when warm- will plunge her whole big head into the water dish for some refreshment. Then, she will come over and lay her head in the nearest lap.
[notify]
Delilah

go go go did you- say go?

Barked: Mon Oct 25, '10 2:10pm PST 
ROFLMAO! Well I have water trails in my home too. Delilah is really bad about playing in her water. She thinks toys are better if you put them in the water bowl first!!LOL~ I finally got her to stop that in the house but when we go out to the horse ranch she figures its ok outside and puts her toys and herself in the horse water trough. She then drags her toy thru the dirt getting it especially disgusting and comes to push it at me and demand a game of fetch with her dirty nasty slimey toy!!LOL~ As far as her just drinking and slobbering all over I don't think there is a cure for that.
Tiff
[notify]
Max

Somewhere there- is something I- can eat..

Barked: Mon Oct 25, '10 3:09pm PST 
I just use a bath towel under the bowl and change it every other day. It absorbs most of the water, but I also still have a water trail..
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3