GO!

Natural Remedies for a Clean House

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Peter Parker

It's good to be- the King!

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 9:00am PST 
Hiwave
Soooo...what does everypup use to keep their houses clean? Surely, not everyone is using harsh chemicals around their pets?wink
We like the Meyer's brand. It's safe for pets and smells so good!cheer
I've also heard that mixing essential oils in a spray bottle with some water works really well too!cheer
[notify]
Wiley

Where's that- rabbit?

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 9:04am PST 
Looking forward to responses here! I just used a spray of pure lavendar oil on the carpets & bedding to de-flea! It seems to have done the trick & the house smells great! I use vinegar & old newsprint to do windows, but still rely on Mr. Clean/Greenworks for floors.
[notify]
Peter Parker

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 9:11am PST 
Hi Wileywave We use Greenworks too!cheercheer
And that Magic Eraser sponge works really well on hard-to-get-out stains. I like your fresh lavender oil method! Lavender smells so good!!! Thanks for sharing! cheer
[notify]

Zooey, CGC

Everybody loves- Zooey

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 9:34am PST 
I stick to vinegar and water for the most part; it's cheap and effective. For the toilets and scrubbing the showers I use borax, another AMAZING yet cheap product.
[notify]
Bam-Bam, CGC

Lil' Rubble

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 9:36am PST 
Vinegar and water, some Melaleuca products, and then the rest Green Works or 7th Generation... (the latter two for laundry or dishwasher).
[notify]
Peter Parker

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 9:46am PST 
We are 7th Generation fans too over hereway to go
[notify]
Bella and- Daisy CGC

I'm a Meanie

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 10:10am PST 
I generally clean with a vacuum, Lysol wipes, clorox clean-up spray, and I dust with swiffer cloths.
[notify]
Rusty

The Little- Prince

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 11:28am PST 
For you pups who use vinegar and water - How much vinegar to water do you use?
[notify]
Peter Parker

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 2:49pm PST 
Rusty, are some links for you..

http://housekeeping.about.com/cs/environment/a/alternatecle an.htm

http://eartheasy.com/live_nontoxic_solutions.htm

http:/ /www.realsimple.com/home-organizing/cleaning/all-natural-cleaning-so lutions-00000000011547/page7.html

big grin
[notify]
Risa- W-FDM/MF RE- RL1 CA CGC

Awesome Dog

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 3:13pm PST 
50/50 vinegar and water here for most things. For sticky stuff that doesn't come off with just elbow grease, I will pour some baking soda on it and then add vinegar (or my combo of both). The foaming action and a plastic scrubby are usually enough to break it up. smile

I also use 7th Generation dishsoap to clean dishes.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4