GO!

Help! I'm a Border Collie Mix but what am I mixed with???

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Ted

Ted-

Barked: Fri Dec 9, '11 8:16pm PST 
Hey! I adopted Ted from a humane society. He's for sure Border Collie but I'm not sure what he's mixed with. He's 3 months old and about 14 lbs. His picture is on his profile. Please help! I'm so curious!
[notify]
Jackson

Christmas Eve- Baby

Barked: Wed Dec 14, '11 6:07am PST 
Congratulations on the new arrival/adoption! Very handsome pup. I actually don't see Border Collie from the photo. Did the shelter/rescue have parent info? His size & weight don't support it, but I see Landseer. A few things will indicate Border Collie: ears, nose growth, piercing eyes and activity/actions. He's a lovely fluffball right now! Post another photo in a month or two, and maybe some of those indicators are present.
[notify]
Ted

Ted-

Barked: Wed Dec 14, '11 7:55am PST 
Thank you! They didn't have any parent info that I know of. He had three brothers and sisters all looked just alike except one was almost all black. I've heard Bernese Mountain dog and Border Collie. But thank you so much for the help and I'll be sure to post a picture when he gets a Bit older and hopefully you'll see it.
[notify]

Jackson

Christmas Eve- Baby

Barked: Wed Dec 14, '11 6:47pm PST 
It'll be quite exciting to see how Ted develops! With Bernese and Landseer, I think there's something in Ted's makeup that lends to those suggestions.
[notify]
kai

why are they not- all bowing?

Barked: Thu Jan 5, '12 6:01am PST 
It is so hard to tell with puppies but honestly he looks exactly like the litter of Border Collie/ACD's that belonged to the family I got Kai from. Their fathers BC had got into the yard with both the female ranch dogs and those pups (mostly BC with a little ACD on the moms side thrown in) I would love to know what yours looks like as it gets older too!
[notify]