GO!

13 month old rescue, pure aussie?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Indy

Barked: Fri Jun 24, '11 7:34am PST 
I got him when he was 4 months old last september. To say he was from a disadvantaged family would be an understatement. He had so many fleas, they were making him sick and was to a low degree malnourished. Luckily I got him before it was too serious, and he has fully recovered into (in my eyes) a beautiful example of an aussie. Although companionship is more important than a pure blood line, I have become curious about the possibility of him being a pure breed. I know that I'll never truly know, but am simply looking for any input from knowledgable persons. There are pictures on my profile. He is about 50 lbs. He is usually 45, but I have to admit I've been slacking a bit on the excersise for the last month or so. He has extremely high energy when he taps into it, but tends to be timid (assumingly from whatever his previous owners did). Thanks for any help!
[notify]
Cohen CD RE- ADC SGDC- FDCh CGN

The Monster

Barked: Sat Jun 25, '11 7:48am PST 
Definitely looks like he could be purebred. He reminds me of my last Aussie, who was more off-standard since he was from working lines.
[notify]
Maggie NAC- WV-N TN-N- CTL-3 RE

Tunnel Suckin'

Barked: Sat Jun 25, '11 9:42pm PST 
I would honestly need more pictures, but I would say that yes, there is a definite chance he could be pure Aussie.
[notify]

Snowberrys- The Skys The- Limit

I'm not just- another dumb- blonde

Barked: Sun Jun 26, '11 5:25am PST 
Yes, he looks like he could be a PB aussie. He's adorable!hug
[notify]