GO!

What is the best pet hair solution

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Reeses

Reeses-Pieces

Barked: Sat Apr 4, '09 6:38am PST 
I was searching the internet and I ran into the Bissel Homepage site for Pet hair solutions and I was wondering if any of there products were worth a try. Please let me know. thanks http://www.bissell.com/Pet_Lovers_Products.aspx
[notify]
Sugar- Magnolia

Blossoms- blooming

Barked: Mon Apr 6, '09 11:08am PST 
acceptance. laugh out loud

we Aussies tend to shed in every color (especially the blue merles) so no color clothing or upholstry is safe.
we use a Swiffer on the hardwood, and vacuum the carpets... a lot.
i also get furminated weekly, and slicker brushed in between (couple times a week).

we haven't found one solution. it's a process, and a committment.
[notify]
Maggie CTL1 RE CGC

Bar Hoppin'

Barked: Wed Apr 8, '09 1:21am PST 
I agree with Sugar. Get used to it and look at it more as an accessory - no outfit is complete and the house just isn't home without the fur.

Brush regularly and be sure to keep an eye out for mats, I use a Furminator - but during spring and fall it never makes a dent in all the fur due to the shedding season being upon us all.

Aussies are known shedders, but at least they have a wonderful wash & wear coat!
[notify]

Mia

5/12/08-10/10/10-

Barked: Thu Apr 9, '09 10:37pm PST 
Mia never shed much until this spring. Used to be I could wash & brush with no problems...enter shedding season & a black shag rug laugh out loud Dot is easier since she's mostly black (but a heck of a shedder). Lot's of brushing, sweeping & acceptance that dog hair is the perfect accessory. laugh out loud
[notify]
Ch Mercy CD RN CGC

Work hard,Play- hard.

Barked: Sun May 3, '09 12:42pm PST 
Well we don't use any of those products.

We have laminate flooring and title all throughout our hours. Granted we also have 2 other dogs (A golden retriever and golden mix) as well as cat. So quite honestly we end up running the vacuum every day. The golden mix and my Aussie are the main culprits behind the dog hair around the house so I usually take about 15 minutes for each dog and use the Fur-buster (extremely similar to the Furminator and works just as well (my friend has the Furminator and Iv used it before) but wayyyy cheaper).

I would just suggest daily brushing and vacuuming, if not bi-daily.
[notify]
Thomas Jacob- Madsen

Daddy is that- you?

Barked: Fri May 29, '09 8:28am PST 
I use a rubber brush to prep the carpet and pretty much any vacuum. The best thing is we use the bissell pet shampoo machine, it freshens the carpet and pulls the hair out of the carpet in clumps. Let it dry and then vacuum up the clumps. I use the bissell quicksteamer for all hard surfaces and sometimes on the carpet as well. Never use the swiffer because it has been known to be toxic to pets.
[notify]

Barked: Tue May 28, '13 4:38am PST 
I have had my Eureka pet lover vacuum for five years,and it has never failed to pick up all the hair my Shepherd looses.
I vacuum every day.
I clean the filters once a week, and empty the unit that holds what has been vacuumed up each time I use it.
Twice a year I disassemble it and give it a good cleaning.
The only thing I never liked about it is, it is a noisy machine, but it does what it is supposed too.
Bob.
[notify]

Barked: Thu May 30, '13 5:54pm PST 
And Eureka pet lover vacuum is a very cheap vacuum and best vacuum for pet hair,reviews , just $90 around.

Edited by author Thu May 30, '13 5:55pm PST

[notify]

Barked: Sat Jun 8, '13 9:40pm PST 
I had a full blown husky wolf mix (died 2012 frown ) she killed three vacuums my Aussi hair is nothing compaired
[notify]