GO!

Has Anyone Used The FURminator On Their Aussie?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Baron

I'm sorry was- that YOUR sock?

Barked: Sat Feb 28, '09 7:25pm PST 
My wife and I are talking about buying it and trying it on Baron and Bella. Almost every review Ive read says that people loved it. Just wondering if anyone here has any Aussie experience with it...
[notify]
Zane

Happy Happy Joy- Joy Happy Happy- Joy

Barked: Thu Mar 5, '09 3:06pm PST 
I have and it is worth every penny! Works great... if their hair is coarse, be careful and not to hit their back legs when coming out of the "gauchos"
[notify]
Murphy

Dogs are angels- with fur!

Barked: Fri Mar 20, '09 3:43pm PST 
I have and it works great! Murphy doesn't care for it much but he doesn't like regular brushing either. But I would highly recommend it, it gets a lot of hair off of them.
[notify]

Lily

Miss. Barks-alot

Barked: Sat Apr 4, '09 6:24am PST 
I love it actually I just used mine the other day on my girls and it is worth every cent.
[notify]
Sugar- Magnolia

Blossoms- blooming

Barked: Mon Apr 6, '09 11:11am PST 
the furminator is awesome! i don't care for it much, but i look soooooo much better after being "furminated" and it takes care of a lot of the loose hair that would otherwise end up all over.
i second what was said above: worth every penny!!
[notify]
Diego

Top Dog

Barked: Wed Jun 3, '09 1:03pm PST 
I have used it on my aussie and I hate it. I have a brush that I use instead because it seems to get out more hair. The directions call for long strokes in the direction of hair growth. That is next to impossible for me with my boy. However, I have a second aussie who is a mix and it works amazingly on her.
[notify]
Ch Mercy CD RN CGC

Work hard,Play- hard.

Barked: Wed Jun 3, '09 5:41pm PST 
I actually use the Furbuster, not the Furminator, simply because it was way cheaper ($16) and works just as great (Iv used my friend's Furminator before)
[notify]
Lucy- (2001-2009;- we will miss-

Why so blue,- Panda Bear?

Barked: Sun Jun 7, '09 11:43am PST 
I'm an Aussie mix but my mom loves to use it on me! I'm not a big fan of it, but it seems to get rid of my fur!
[notify]