GO!

question?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Bandit

Poopar

Barked: Wed Sep 17, '08 9:01am PST 
My puppy often gets mistakend for an Aussie

what are the differences b/t an aussie and a sheltland sheepdog if there both blue merel
[notify]
Rusty

R.I.P dear Raja

Barked: Thu Sep 18, '08 3:31pm PST 
Well, a sheltie, when older, is a lot smaller than an Aussie. They also have longer facespuppy
[notify]
Desoto

Bird Whisperer

Barked: Sun Sep 21, '08 6:40pm PST 
Well at that age its really easy to make that mistake. People instantly think aussie when they see a blue merle, so dont be surprised if she gets called that a lot even when she is older and clearly looks like a sheltie. As she matures the differences will be more obvious, the longer looking legs and finer facial features, the ears will stand up etc. Aussies will be bigger, stockey, shorter coated, wider head, oh and they dont have tails of course (most of the time)blue dog Cute puppy!
[notify]

Maggie CTL1 RE CGC

Bar Hoppin'

Barked: Sun Sep 28, '08 12:42am PST 
A Sheltie & an Aussie??? Gah.

Although today I pulled a tailed Aussie from a shelter...people were convinced that she was a Broder! EEK!

Edited by author Sun Sep 28, '08 12:44am PST

[notify]