GO!

Aussie ears

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Myla

I sMiLe for- cOokiEs!

Barked: Thu Aug 7, '08 1:06pm PST 
This morning I noticed something different about Myla. Her left ear flops over her head like a German Shepherd puppies (before they go straight up- think its called Prick ears).
I put some pictures on Myla's profile (at the bottom) and I was wondering if anyone know if her one ear was going to go straight up? Its definitely doing something weird lol.

Does anyone elses Aussie have ears that did this?

Sorry for all the questions I'm just trying to learn as much as I can from other Aussie owners. And I can't seem to find much online about it other than she could have a "Prick Ear".
Any thoughts?

Thanks
smile

Edited by author Thu Oct 2, '08 4:06pm PST

[notify]
Rusty

R.I.P dear Raja

Barked: Thu Aug 7, '08 11:52pm PST 
wavewave
Her ears look very cutecloud 9 Some Aussies ears do tend to prick....and it looks like this will happen to your little baby. Unless she's show quality, there's really no need to be concernedwink
[notify]
Myla

I sMiLe for- cOokiEs!

Barked: Fri Aug 8, '08 12:44am PST 
Thanks for the response smile

I won't be showing her, I was just really caught off guard by it. I guess I just assumed her ears would be like her parents, I guess its true what they say about assuming wink

She's still my special girl and I love her all the same big grin
I'm just wondering if they'll stay side ways lol

BTW Rusty sure is a cutie!
[notify]

Rusty

R.I.P dear Raja

Barked: Fri Aug 8, '08 12:58am PST 
The sideways ears (rose ears), are also fine =]
My Rusty has them, and I think they are so cutecloud 9 After looking at many pictures of Dogster Aussies, I've seen that Aussies can have any type of earlaugh out loud
[notify]
Myla

I sMiLe for- cOokiEs!

Barked: Fri Aug 8, '08 5:03pm PST 
Thanks again! I took Myla to the vet today for a check-up and deworming. And I asked him about her ear and he agreed 100% with you. He used to raise Aussies and said he felt measures like taping and gluing were unnecessary and in most cases can get infected. So just leave them be was his suggestion.
So we are just leaving them alone, however they turn out they will be just as unique as she is. big grin

I love Rusty's ears they look so cute in his pictures, I would not mind at all if her ears were like that!cloud 9

Edited by author Fri Aug 8, '08 5:05pm PST

[notify]
Catori

Momma's little- love bug!

Barked: Fri Aug 8, '08 10:32pm PST 
My little girls ears are flopped over, but are more pricked then usual. Both her parents had high set but flopped over ears, but either way I think she's gorgeous. Your pup is beautiful as well! Her coloring is really pretty, I love blue merles! That's why I got the pup I have. puppy
[notify]
Sugar- Magnolia

Blossoms- blooming

Barked: Sat Aug 9, '08 2:00pm PST 
when i was teething my ears did funny things, and my mommy had the same questions. as you can see, they flopped in the end... although i can get them both standing straight up like a rabbit if i'm really excited. happy dance
no worries!
[notify]
Maggie CTL1 RE CGC

Bar Hoppin'

Barked: Sun Aug 10, '08 7:25pm PST 
Maggie's ears used to be nice tight Aussie ears...but by the time she hit 8 months they began to stand up to be more "prick" like. Now she should have two prick ears...but one is bent over from scar tissue. But I think with pricked ears they show more expression - they can be up, back, out to the side, or forward big grin
[notify]
Desoto

Bird Whisperer

Barked: Sun Aug 24, '08 8:15am PST 
Desoto's parents had flop ears and so did he for the first three months. Then they whent straight up. When he was teething one flopped back over, and now at 8 months they are both clearly pricked. And he has grown into them. My camera got lost when I moved so his profile picks show his awkward antena ear stagelaugh out loud
[notify]
Indy

Treat?? Sit!- Speak! I already- did Dad!!

Barked: Mon Aug 25, '08 8:42am PST 
Indy's ears are doing the same thing. He looks at me and his left one will be up like a german shepherd pup's. I don't mind though. His parents were both to standard with ears and all that. I just think it makes him look unique. I also think he's been hanging around my girlfriend's GSD too much!

Edited by author Mon Aug 25, '08 8:42am PST

[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2