GO!

Should I get two balls of fur?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Ginger

Gingervidus

Barked: Tue Dec 4, '07 4:13pm PST 
Ginger is very playful and energetic but its just to much for me now. I think I should get another dog so they can play together and when I come back from work she wont be as energetic.
But what about the price of food? Should I get two energized balls of fur or should I just stay with one?Also my daughter wants two to! But I think she's to young to understand or am I to old to listen to reason?
~Help me!!!
[notify]
Maggie CTL1 RE CGC

Bar Hoppin'

Barked: Tue Dec 4, '07 7:11pm PST 
2 dogs = 2X the food = 2X the vet bills = 2X the training = 2X everything dog related

I want another dog, but I know that I can't make that kind of lifetime commitment (I already have enough constant pets). But I am looking into fostering, I get the joy of owning a dog, but don't have to make the commitment for the rest of the dogs life.

But if you want another dog and think you can handle it, go for it!
[notify]
Basia

the fetch is- strong in this- one

Barked: Wed Dec 5, '07 12:37am PST 
Hello,

It isn't just the food. Kenneling when you go on vacation, vet bills, grooming (monthly baths/nails), finding an apartment that allows for two dogs if you ever move, etc. However, having two dogs that play with eachother doubles the experience of having these great companions. That funny antics and entire experience is doubled. I can't say it has done much for our back yard's grass though. At least there is less to mow... LOL

Good luck,
[notify]

Cinnie CGC,- TDI, NJ-A,- NJP

Did you say- agility?

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '07 7:08pm PST 
It does cost more to have more than one, but the rewards can also be exponentially higher. It depends on your living/time situation. I have 3 herding dogs who mostly get along very well. There are, however times when you may ask yourself "What was I thinking?" You have to remember that Aussies, along with most other herding dogs have a tendency to be 'one person dogs' and it takes a lot of socializing to get a 'herd' of herding dogs to get along. That said, it can be a blast to have multiples in your life. I'd have to say that 99% of the time I have no regrets about having 3 live with me! Good luck.wishes
[notify]