GO!

Hi, I'm Joey!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Joey (Angel- Dog- 2001-03/12/1- 4)

I am NOT a throw- away dog!

Barked: Wed Sep 19, '07 11:39pm PST 
My mom adopted me from the pound last Christmas. They told her they thought I was an Australian Cattle Dog/Kelpie mix, but we met a lady today who insists, with my amber eyes and red nose, my white paws and white patches on my shoulders and chest, that I am an Aussie Red Tri. Mom thinks with my ears I must be mixed with cattle dog or kelpie. What do you guys think? I'd like to know where I belong! My mom says it doesn't matter much to her, she loves me no matter what I am. We are both just curious!

Edited by author Wed Sep 19, '07 11:43pm PST

[notify]
Oreo

Oh ee oh wee- oh!!

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '07 5:34am PST 
Sorry to tell you but I really dont see any aussie in you. You are colored more like a shepherd. Take a look at the dog in the post below yours. HE is a red tri. Red tri's are dark all over with tan points on the cheeks,eyebrows, and legs. You look more sable which is not a color found normally in aussies.

I think the original guesses were probably closer but I would say kelpie and GERMAN shepherd more than anything. Take him to see sheep...if he crouches or trys to use a lot of "eye" while working there is definately kelpie or BC in him somewhere...if not it will remain a mystery;-)

Beautiful doggy though!
[notify]
Tillie

Whoopie- ti-yi-yo,git- along little- doggy!

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '07 7:38am PST 
Thanks Oreo! I knew somepup here would be able to help me. Mom didn't see the Aussie in me either, but had never heard of the Red Tri coloring. When she was growing up, they always had the Blue Merles.

The lady was just so insistant, we thought we'd check it out. We've had people guess Kelpie, Cattle Dog, Collie, Sheltie, Shepherd. I have never seen a sheep...only cattle...which I have zero interest in herding unless my sister Tillie does. (She's a purebred cattledog.) I always want to be a part of what she gets to do, even if I'm not very good at it.

Oh well, the mystery continues! Thanks for the response!
[notify]

Joey (Angel- Dog- 2001-03/12/1- 4)

I am NOT a throw- away dog!

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '07 8:35am PST 
Whoops! Mom put my sister Tillie's picture in by mistake. That should be ME up there and not HER! Anyway, thanks for your help Oreo!
[notify]
Oreo

Oh ee oh wee- oh!!

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '07 8:59am PST 
BOL, No problem;-)
[notify]
Chase CGC

It's Mine I Tell- Ya! Mine! Mine!- Mine!

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '07 2:38pm PST 
I agree with Oreo, I don't see any Aussie in you! But youre a cutie anyways cloud 9

Edited by author Thu Sep 20, '07 2:39pm PST

[notify]
Oreo

Oh ee oh wee- oh!!

Barked: Fri Sep 21, '07 5:47am PST 
You really remind me of the 11th dog down....
http://www.shawlein.com/The_Standard/13_Breed_Type/Breed_T ypes.html
[notify]
Maggie CTL1 RE CGC

Bar Hoppin'

Barked: Sat Sep 29, '07 7:40pm PST 
I've been called anything from Blue Heeler to Border Collie to "your German Shepherd looks weird" so don't feel bad...I am obviously an Aussie & just because I don't have papers it doesn't make me any less Aussie. Some people do seem confused on Australian Cattle Dogs, Blue Heelers, & Australian Shepherds...but you'll probably hear it for the rest of your life.

*wiggles butt*
[notify]