GO!

any white sheps out there?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Sat Oct 24, '09 9:15pm PST 
Hi everyone. I am new to dogster, and see no recent posts. Any white shepherds out there with stories to share?
[notify]
CH Snowy,- CGC, TDI,- HC, HIC

Born to be- wild!!

Barked: Mon Oct 26, '09 4:14am PST 
Hi Squ'mey

My, you are a handsome pup.
I am Snow White (or Snowy). I don't check Dogster as much as I used to, but when I do, I hang out at the German Shepherd forum.

I am also a member of American White Shepherd Association (AWSA) and United White Shepherd Club (UWSC). I like them because they are not just for dog shows, but they promote all kinds of dog sports, like herding, obedience trials and ability trials. If you are interested please feel free to pmail me.

Hugs,
Snowy
[notify]
Ralf von- WowWow

Throw that ball- again!

Barked: Tue Nov 3, '09 8:43pm PST 
I think I'm possibly a White Shep... with some other stuff thrown in. Or maybe I was a (shhh!) German Shepherd who was white and a bit of other mix... but landlords get nervous about actual GSD's, so until I get DNA tested or something, I'm sticking with White Shepherd mix. I'm a bit out of porportion for a GSD anyway, nose is a bit thick--malamuteish.

Hm. Stories? My mom is starting a dog park club.

I'm glad to be living with my new family, my old family (the new ones and shelter think) left me out on my runner all the time, even in yucky weather, and for some reason, thought I loved sneakers. Nope. I love balls, tuggy toys, and bones. I hate sneakers. I also have joined the ranks of um... fixed pets, doing my part to end overpopulation and helping me calm down a bit.

I'm a bit excitable, I whine and yodel and bark when I see the leash and halti getting ready, and if my dad and his dog head off in a direction mom and I aren't going. Mom's still trying to figure this one out so she can inturupt the behavior, because she eventually wants me to be a therapy dog or maybe a search and rescue dog.

My ears have brown freckles on the edges and tips, and they call me a lightly toasted marshmallow because I have a really light tan saddle (does this mean I can't have come from a White Shepherd parent?). I actually went as a s'more this Halloween...

Hm. Want more stories? I'm good at talking! Or, I have big ears, I can listen too...

I love your motto (play hard, sleep harder), I wish mom had thought of that for me. Do you make the "nnnnnnnnnnn" sigh sound when you lay down to sleep at night and finally get comfortable?

Happy post Howloween!
[notify]

Squ'mey

Barked: Wed Nov 4, '09 12:35am PST 
Hey Ralf! You sure look like you've got some wsd in you, but I think your Mom is right, I see some husky/malamute. Your tan saddle might come from either side. I actually have a kinda creamy patch on my back. I love to talk, gsds are known to be vocal! But a yodel may be that sled dog thing. I do a good whooo-hooo when I need something..toy, biscuit, outside, loving...pretty much whatever I want! After that I plop myself down with a harumph & fall asleep in about 2 seconds. My first night I fell asleep in my water dish!blue dog
[notify]
Allie - RIP

Mom thinks I'm- just BEAUTIFUL - am I?

Barked: Wed Nov 4, '09 7:46am PST 
Well, I just saw a post from you, and sent you a request to be friends. I'm an 8 year old. Shelter said I was a "husky mix" but I think I'm more shepherd than husky...although I DO have one blue eye and one caramel=colored, and I DO like to run away, so the husky is in there, I think! Before me, mom and dad had a full bred husky (also from the shelter) and they decided they were NOT going to get another one....too much hair....but I guess I was just enough "non husky" to be acceptable....

Anyway, I was adopted when I was 9 months old and my family moved to Florida without me. The nice lady and man who came to the shelter fell in love with me, and filled out the paperwork to get me home....the first day I got home, my mom came home from work and found me asleep alongside the bed, next to my sleeping daddy! Ah, the good life! She says I looked up at her like "who are you?" and then put my head back down. I'm still a big daddy's dog, but I love my mom, too.....I know she loves me, too, because she posted this picture of me on dogster.........

Edited by author Wed Nov 4, '09 7:50am PST

[notify]
Akira

Barked: Tue Nov 10, '09 9:42pm PST 
I adopted my dog Akira from the Houston SPCA last June and I have been very curious to find out what kind of dog she is. After looking at many photos on various websites, I found that she really looks (and acts) like a White Shepherd. The only issue is that the SPCA claimed that she was 8 years old when for one she acts like she is 2 (lol), and the other one is that she is only 38lbs. I saw that on all the information that the White Shepherd dogs were anywhere between 75-85lbs. I wanted to show you guys a photo to see if you know what she could be mixed with. Or if she is just a really young dog. She is about 18 inches tall and 3 and a half feet long. She also loves to cuddle : )
[notify]
Squ'mey

Barked: Sat Nov 14, '09 8:40am PST 
Akira..you look just like my Mommy! But shorter. The length sounds about right, but the height may be a bit under, but then again, my person says I am going to be a monster dog when I grow into my paws, so you never know. I see the black nose & eyes, plus it looks like dark skin under the white. You are one good looking gal at any rate! That's the thing with adopting adult dogs... sometimes the age can be a bit of a crap shoot! My housemate adopted a Mexi-mutt who was supposed to be 2, but 2 years later we're pretty sure he's much older. Maybe they over-estimated the age so someone would take her (thinking she may not have many years left).
[notify]
Freya

Barked: Mon Dec 7, '09 7:25pm PST 
I'm Freya. I'm a purebred White German Shepherd from Pierre's Sunshine Shepherds. My dad was a huge White Shepherd, my mom was black and silver.

I am 7 years old, about 80 pounds, 26 inches tall. I live with a rescue Shepherd who is black and tan. And a white cat with bi-colored eyes. I love to play Frisbee. And I love to run. And I love to bark. I love having my teeth brushed. I also get muddy and shed hair everywhere.
[notify]
Squ'mey

Barked: Fri Dec 11, '09 7:08am PST 
Wow Freya! What a good looking fella you are! You are pretty close to me...I live on Vancouver Island. I am just learning to catch my frisbee out of the air. I love it & my person says I am getting pretty good at it. Its too easy now, but she says I have to grow more before she will throw it so I have to jump for it.
[notify]
Nimrodel

Autism Awareness

Barked: Fri May 7, '10 8:21pm PST 
hi here is another one
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2