GO!

It's been a month...

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Sun Nov 3, '13 10:23pm PST 
I miss you so much. I walk in the door every night and your absence hits me with a tangible force. The emptiness echoes even as the other two vie for my attention. A million happy doggy grins could not fill the void left by the lack of your sweet face.
I cannot run my fingers through your soft, warm fur as I fall asleep. I cannot hear you snoring softly at my side, or feel the steady beating of your heart beneath my hand.
We had a good run, you and I. Your love for me never waivered, even in the worst of times. I remember your laughing eyes while you waited at the door to go for our runs around the church. You thought I was funny and slow. I laughed at you, and myself, when we argued over pizza bones across the coffee table. Remember the snow in Saskatchewan? We played until I couldn't feel my fingers anymore.
I remember the night in the camper when we ran out of propane. You knew it was too cold and you wrapped your warm body around my head and laid your head across my chest. And I remember your courage shining through the uncertainty when you were pushed to defend me from one you thought you could trust. I remember standing in my bare feet in the snow in a t-shirt and jeans, my hoodie wrapped around your neck as a collar, waiting for the police. You kept licking my tears away.
You were always by my side, always on my side. You listened and you loved.
I feel you near sometimes, and I know you are still by my side. But I cannot see you or touch you, and what's left of me aches with that loss. The pain has not lessened one bit, since the day I let you go. I don't know if it ever will. I hope I was worthy of your love, I pray that you know how loved you were, and are.
And I hope you are happy, eating carrots and peeling tennis balls where ever you are. I'll see you again sometime my girl, and we'll walk together
[notify]
Alice

I am the Keeper

Barked: Mon Nov 4, '13 2:19am PST 
hugs, and angel feather kisses
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Mon Nov 4, '13 3:09am PST 
hughughugsuch a beautiful tributehughughughughug
[notify]

Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Mon Nov 4, '13 4:56pm PST 
hughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughug|: |hughughughughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Cleo (In- Memory)

One day Postman- ... one day !

Barked: Mon Nov 4, '13 9:49pm PST 
You were never less than worthy ... that is WHY Sabi loved you... and still does. The Girl had good taste.

You once said you and I were more alike than I could guess... me an MY girl Cleo.

The description above... standing in the snow..... .. oh yes... more than YOU know maybe.

Does it get easier... no.. it just changes....eventually we start to be able to go forward... and thats because they will NOT let us backslide.

And yes.... Listen... in the darkness.. just before you go to sleep.. as you start to drift... listen.... feel... touch.... they come to us.. in the half sleep... we can be with them....

Takes practice...

but it happens.

Then.. they come to us in dreams.. and we can play and hold.. and just "Be".

You just have to be patient.. tune your senses... Love never leaves.... pawprints never ... ever .... fade.

HUGSSSSSSSSSS

hughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Lupi

I\\\'ll do- anything for a- treat!

Barked: Tue Nov 5, '13 9:34am PST 
What a beautiful remembrance.
My heart aches for you. Because there will never be another Sabi. May your memories be a consolation for your soul.
hughughug
[notify]
Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Tue Nov 5, '13 11:57am PST 
hughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Wed Nov 6, '13 2:30am PST 
She'll always be with you. hug
[notify]
Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Wed Nov 6, '13 6:07pm PST 
Just know that you took in a dog that nobody wanted and gave her a great home and family. She will always be with you and you will always be with her. She is looking down on you patiently waiting for you to meet again. hug She has many friends to keep her company until that day comes. rainbow
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Wed Nov 6, '13 11:35pm PST 
My heart aches for you. I remember her gentle kisses, her chatty attitude, her and Charlie flirting, her trying to play with him, even when she couldn't really run anymore. I remember her being bossy, and sitting in the backseat of your car just happy to go for another car ride with you. I remember her barking at her favorite rock. I remember her pride when she would fall and pretend to sit instead. I remember her anger at you for fussing over her. And most of all, I remember how much she loved you... I miss her too, and I only knew her for a short period of time. I miss hearing her. I cannot imagine... hug

You were loved. You were deserving of that love and still are.

Edited by author Wed Nov 6, '13 11:35pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3