bone cancer

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.


Barked: Sun Jun 9, '13 8:06am PST 
I'm an owner of a 5 year old saint whom was just diagnosed with bone cancer. I understand the severity of the diagnosis and the ultimate outcome. My question is to anyone who has gone through this, did you choose or not choose to amputate, why or why not, and if not, when did you decide to put them down?. He's currently still very active, eating, happy, but I'm wondering how long before the cancer really starts to effect him. I just want to do what's best for him as my heart is beyond broken right now. Any thoughts and opinions are highly valued. Thank you.