GO!

Coping with the loss of a loved one.

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '12 8:01am PST 
Fly free,Tyson! hughughughughug
[notify]
Katana - (fallen not- forgotten)

Katana's the- name and- pleasin's the- game

Barked: Sun Sep 2, '12 8:45pm PST 
Its not easy to lose someone so wonderful. I know the hurt you are going through. My husband and I just lost a wonderful dog. He was a doberman,my husband's Service Dog and my best friend. I had gone into his room a couple weeks ago to get him ready to go for a walk and found him laying dead on the floor. My heart shattered. I have been trying now for two long weeks to remember how to breathe without him. I have often gone to get a bowl of food ready for him and cant go on with my chore of feeding the dogs. Although we have other dogs Katana's loss has been hard on me.
[notify]
Tyson

Barked: Mon Sep 3, '12 7:01am PST 
I am very sorry for your loss cry(( heartbreaking for you and your family my thoughts are with you, i am the same as you i also have another rescue dog called Tuppence, she is adorable but she's not my Ty...its been seven weeks since he passed and my heart still aches for him.cry. The daily chores are arduious for me too, i look down at the food bowls with a heavy heart knowing there sould be another one there. I am also thinking of having a tattoo of him on my leg, i have named a star for him and have a statue in my garden painted up to look like him too. I know i will never get over losing my special boy, but pray that time will ease the pain thats in my heart.hug
[notify]

Tyson

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '12 7:35am PST 
It has been four months since my baby boy went over rainbow bridge...my heart still aches for him.frown, there isn't a day that goes by that i don't think about him or cry for him...the void is still raw and time is making it easier to cope without him. I miss those special moments we shared together and hold them very close to my heart.
[notify]
Maggie (I'm- Moms Angel- Now)

Punish the DEED- NOT The Breed!!!

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '12 8:13am PST 
Tyson Katana has been gone only two months and its still tough. I recently lost another member of my canine family. My husky Maggie crossed the bridge the 28th of October this year and I have been trying to deal with it. She was an amazing girl and so sweet. I miss her more than I ever thought I would. The day she passed my only mode of transportation broke down as well so when I called the out of state vet who handles cremations they suggested putting her in my freezer until I could get my vehicle fixed then take her over. I just took her to them yesterday. I still wish I had been there to hold her the last few hours of her life. It takes time but you will some day be able to look back on it all and smile.
[notify]
Tyson

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '12 8:49am PST 
Katana i am sorry for your losscry, i am slowly coming to terms with life without my Ty, i have even taken on a foster dog 12 years old dumped in his twilight yearscry, he may also have cancer too, the rescue have decided he can live out his life with me, i am praying he keeps strong. Ty would have wanted me to help him...even though he could be a jealous dog at times. Getting Bruno has helped me focus on helping him and taken away some of the pain. Helping another abandoned dog is just the therapy i needed at this time, i will always love and miss Ty, he was everything to me.
[notify]
Roxie RIP my- Beloved- Princess

Shredding needed- call me..

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 10:40am PST 
I feel for you. It comes and goes, try to do good things in your babies name, that really helped us. We took in Lucky. It was too soon, and I cried in her fur for the first five months. Now we try to do things that Roxie would like but still know that she would want us to be happy moving forward because she was that kind of spirit.

I guess the best advise is to keep busy and try to find a way to memorialize your pet, however is comfortable for you.

Keep strong
[notify]

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 4:43pm PST 
My sweet baby girl died on Thanksgiving night in bed with my huband and I, she had pnuemonia, and it was late stage, it was awful, Katy was panting heavily and could not settle down, I stayed up with her trying to soothe and comfort her, shortly before midnight she gave 2 grunts, looked at me and rolled over, the terrible heavy breathing was silent. I knew than she was gone. It was a blessing cuz she was at peace, but.... I woke my husband up and since it was so late at night Katy lay dead in our bed until the early morning hours when there was light enough to bury her. I can;t get that horrible night out of my head. It keeps replaying, and I feel so bad, wishing I could've helped her. She was 11 years old and a Glen of Imaal terrier. She was my best friend and my cainine kid. I lost 3 other dogs before that o ver the years that I greatly loved, but somehow Katy's death is really taking a toll on my husband, son and I. I cry off and on, all day and tell my friends about my dog, they offer there condolences, but they seem like they really don't want to listen to my story. Katy, I love you so much, I will always remember how you like to cuddle snuggle in bed, go camping,and have your cute fuzzy belly tickled. I don't think I will ever get over this dog. I hate to be at home because the void of her not being there is so great. I espiecally cannot sleep upstairs in my bedroom where she passed away. I am looking at adopting another dog, because I love dogs so much, and always want one in my life> But I know no other dog could replace my "Baby Girl" The Xmas sdeason which usually is a anticipated event for all of us has become sterile and empty, and my stomach has been tied up in knots for a while. I can't sleep or eat, and I really don't know what I will do. We knew she was very sick, perhaps dying, but I did not realize her death would have such an impact on me (us). So I know what you are going thru I hope time is the great healer, because thinking of Katy is just too painful right now. Peace be with you.
[notify]
Tyson

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '12 7:09am PST 
i am sorry for your loss, i know exactly the pain you are feeling right now, time dulls the pain but for me it is still heavy on my heart, i constantly think of my baby boy and wish with all my heart that he was still here...my other furbabies do take my attention away for a while, and i can go hours now doing my daily tasks without bursting into tears...Ty will always and forever be in my heart and i am trying very hard to keep strong for my other dogs. i do not think i will ever get over losing him, but hope that as each day passes i can think of him without feeling the pain i do now. May peace be with you and your furbabies. hug
[notify]
Tyson

Barked: Tue Dec 11, '12 8:36am PST 
It has been 21 weeks today that my baby boy was taken to rainbow bridge, i still miss him terribly, with christmas approaching its going to be a difficult holiday this year without him. Ty loved christmas, he enjoyed playing with his presents...all of 5 mins of it before he destroyed them all, i loved to watch his little face not knowing which one to demolish first. God bless you Ty i will be thinking about you always.xxxx
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3