GO!

Still can't get over it!

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 26)  
1  2  3  
Rex

Give me pig ear- and no one gets- hurt!

Barked: Sun Aug 5, '12 3:44am PST 
Exactly, he was part of my family. You are right Mika&Kai. I really want to move on. I will never ever forget Rex or stop thinking about him, but I want to make room in my heart and in my life for a new dog. I phoned my parents that I will be visiting them, maybe I could spent some time with Lisa. And then maybe one day I will find a dog for me.
Thank you to everyone, this really helped me, I didn't really have anyone to talk to about this. flowersflowersflowersflowers
[notify]
Penny

Always with you.

Barked: Thu Aug 16, '12 6:39pm PST 
hugall our best friendshug

My Pen Pen went two years ago and tonight I'm just inconsolable. I was doing so well but thinking about getting another dog has just brought up so many tears from missing my angel. There'll never be another like her.

It's so hard, isn't it? frown
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Aug 16, '12 7:47pm PST 
Yes,Penny it is. It has been 5 years since I lost my Mattie,Mika and Kai have brought back so much joy to my life but I will never stop missing her.
You need to not think of getting another as a replacement since each is irreplaceable but giving yourself a chance to share the love you need to give to a dog who needs you just as badly. It is very difficult to overcome the fear and leave your heart open to the idea of losing them in the end,but you need to concentrate on the here and now and the joy that having a dog in your life brings,no matter the lenght of the journey you share,it is that you shared it together,Although I have loved and lost several beloved pets,and shed many tears over the loss of them,I can not imagine my life without the love and joy they bring,so I will have the courage,take the chance,and suffer the tears because I need that joy and happiness that comes from no where else.
Ask most of the posters here who have lost their most beloved dog,and they will tell you that they without hesitation will choose the tears over not knowing and having that joy.hughughugwishes
[notify]

Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Thu Aug 16, '12 9:22pm PST 
I wouldn't trade the tears for anything.
I was blessed that Freeway chose me, honored to be her guardian and her friend. She died six weeks before her seventh birthday(as I guessed it). I will always remember her. If the heartbreak of loosing her was the price to be paid, so be it.
If I were offered the choice to erase Sabi from my life and avoid the pain of losing her, I would say no thanks. If Freeway was my heart, Sabi is my soul.
For all the pain each and every one of them enriches our lives. They love us, guide us and teach us. And leave us better people then they found us.
I will never know what I did to deserve either of them, but I am deeply, humbly grateful.
[notify]
Penny

Always with you.

Barked: Fri Aug 17, '12 7:03pm PST 
Aw. Thanks M&K.

I know it was worth it. In fact, I thought it'd be worse before she went than it's actually been. But I'm amazed at how strong the feeling is after so long! I really thought I was over the proper 'cry your heart out' stuff now, but obviously not!

I'm not ready for a new rescue. I'll make sure this one finds its proper home, though.

One day I'll be ready, and there will be no doubts.
[notify]
Katana - (fallen not- forgotten)

Katana's the- name and- pleasin's the- game

Barked: Wed Aug 22, '12 6:48am PST 
Katana's death is still so fresh and so I have a raw gaping hole in my chest where my lungs and heart used to be. When I found him I was so shocked that he was gone that I couldnt shed a tear but now that we have laid him to rest and the shock has faded I have had many hours of tears. I miss my buddy and my husband is without his partner. The house seems so quiet with out my buddy. He will always be a part of me. He may be fallen but he will never be forgotten
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 26)  
1  2  3