GO!

PLEASE HELP ME

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
goldie

shes so cute

Barked: Fri May 6, '11 3:24am PST 
It may be time to think about another dog. we all know how much it hurts losing a dog. then when is the right time to get another dog. You will never forget Milo and another dog would not replace Milo.
We lost Goldie a year ago and I would love to get another dog, but we have Buddy to think about he is 15 1/2, we don't know how much time he has left.
[notify]
Kasey

Barked: Sun May 8, '11 1:44pm PST 
Your feeling are vaild feelings of loss of a loved one. I too can relate with feeling empty and like I'm walking around in a daze because I'm just trying to get through each day. I lost my girl almost a month ago and it still hurts everyday. When I do manage to have a laugh or ┬┤have enjoyable moments I feel guilt after. It is a process we all deal with differently but we all understand the pain and if you are crazy so are all of us!! I would say you should go and look for a dog that needs you as much as you need to love them. People like us that have such love for our animals should continue to give even after a beloved has left us. Stay strong and adopt a dog and continue the circle of life and love.
[notify]
Shannon

I\'m so pretty!

Barked: Tue May 17, '11 8:58pm PST 
John,
Furkids are family. What you are feeling is perfectly normal. When I was deployed overseas I left behind my Rosie and my Booboo who were both over 10 with Rosie pushing 14. I didn't think I'd ever see my Rose again but it was Boo who died the day I flew home. A few months later my Rosie passed away but this time I was there for her.

I miss both of them very much and still think about them nearly everyday but now their memories fill me with warmth and happiness. I fulfilled my promise to both of them to provide a good home and be a good guardian.

I chose to add new furkids to my family and that helped me. But the best thing is having their paintings and pictures in my bedroom. That way they are always there with me.

Whatever you decide remember that your choices do not effect your ability to love and remember Milo. Great friends are always with you!

Good Lucklittle angel
[notify]

Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Fri May 20, '11 10:09am PST 
I agree with Lexi - another dog would be a good thing. You obviously love dogs and having another dog will put the joy back into your world. Another dog will definately fill the void. You're not replacing the friend you have lost, rather starting a new adventure with a new friend...
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Wed May 25, '11 12:58am PST 
John, I'm so very sorry for your loss, it sounds as though you loved little Milo very much. I agree with Lexi, if you feel as though your heart is breaking and you cannot cope and would like to rescue another dog, then by all means go and do it, so many dogs are waiting in shelters right now for a kind person like you to bring them into your life. Don't hesitate, Milo would want you to give your love to others in need and you won't be replacing him, if my dog passed away I would certainly go and help another dog in need (my dog was a rescue.) Take all the time you need to grieve as it's very important. Again I'm truly sorry and know that no words can truly help at this time, but know that you're not alone and many here understand how you feel. hug
[notify]
Olive- (1997-2011)

I'm the best- doggie in the- whole world

Barked: Thu May 26, '11 7:50am PST 
John,
I hope you are OK - you haven't responded since your original post.

I also hope you rescued another dog. Such a kind heart should spread the love to another deserving dog. Nothing can replace Milo, but each dog is special and wants nothing more than to share his/her live with a caring person. Hope you find peace in all you have done for Milo.

Take care.
[notify]
Frank

My dog is- spoiled, as he- should be!

Barked: Wed Jun 1, '11 8:09am PST 
I completely understand your heartache. I can't type about my dogs without crying. I'm already teared up because I'm thinking about their last days.
I lost my Jake and Cookie a day apart in September, then my 17 year old cat one month later. Jake was my boy. I adored him. I adored all of them. I have breakdowns kind of often if I'm truthful. It hurts more than anything. I got rid of my Beetle, in large part because when Jake was put down, he was placed in the trunk.
I'm so sorry for you. I agree with others that have suggested going to the shelter or looking at rescue, your buddy will show you and guide you. You will know.
You will always miss him though hun. hug
[notify]
SassySue

The devil made- me do it!

Barked: Wed Jun 1, '11 7:23pm PST 
I was like you after the loss of my first dog, Toby. He was a poodle who lived to age 18. He was my child, my best friend, my comfort. He went everywhere with me. After several months of mourning and saying I would never have another dog, a friend (who does rescue) came to visit me bringing 2 little shih-tzu mix puppies. Well, they were just irresistible and nothing at all like Toby. I adopted them, of course. After that I realized that I had to have a dog in my life to be happy. I've loved each dog fiercely and completely and never felt that I was not loyal to my lost loves. I urge you to consider another dog. I think you should avoid the same breed and look for something a bit different. You would be likely to compare a new dog of the same breed to your previous one. If you can't move forward after all these months, then I respectfully suggest that you consider grief counseling.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2