GO!

Saying good-bye to my sweet little Lizzie

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

Lizzie

Barked: Thu Apr 14, '11 7:24pm PST 
We (my grandmother and I) had to put our sweet little lizzie down to sleep cry. At the end of February we noticed a lump on her shoulder. Had it biopsied on and it turned out to be a mast cell tumor. For 4 weeks she was getting intravenous chemotherapy. The lump start getting smaller and smaller to the point where we were giving her chemotherapy (in pill form) at home. We did that for another 4 1/2 weeks. we noticed that, that lump disappeared while another lump reappeared on her chest 2 weeks ago.. So we started giving her a different chemotherapy treatment, which was started last week. Yesterday she wouldn't eat at all. I took her to the veterinary referral center because her breathing was getting slower and quieter every minute (she's a pug, so her not snorting is very abnormal). I noticed her gums were becoming very pale. The dr said that she had a lot of inflammation around the tumor and that the tumor was putting histamines into the blood stream causing the inflammation. He gave us 2 options. First one was considering on letting her go and second option was that he could give her IV fluids, steroids and benedryl intravenously. We chose to go ahead and let her go since we did everything we possibly could to keep her comfortable and try to help her become a cancer survivor. If she wasn't eating yesterday then the road to recovery didn't look very good. We decided to go ahead and send her to the rainbow bridge where she can be with her brother pugsy (who we lost 5 months ago).

Its so sad that we lost 2 pugs in the past 5 months. We didn't know pugsy had a tumor until the night he died cry. We miss our little feisty girl. We are down to one stubborn bi-polar pug and our frisky little dachshund.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Thu Apr 14, '11 9:06pm PST 
Sending you love and hugsss

hughughughughughughughughughug

Why?
That's what we ask.
The truth is,
we may never
be able to know
for sure why.

But we do know
that there is no single
"should have done"
or "could have done"
or "did" or didn't do"
that would have changed that why.

All that love could do
was done.
[notify]
Lizzie

Barked: Fri Apr 15, '11 3:53am PST 
Thank you flicka.. The 2 beloved pugs we have lost in the past 4 months is very hard on our little family of furbabies. My doxie Jazz was very attached to pugsy who passed away december 8th, 2010. He had a tumor the size of a grapefruit on top of his spleen. This tumor caused the spleen to rupture. We didn't know about the tumor until the night he passed. My grandmother and I keep asking ourselves, If we got his senior wellness check done sooner would we have found this out? We should of took him to the vet the minute we noticed him losing weight. But of course we thought he was losing weight due to the weight management kibble he was on and maybe his thyroid was acting up. We asked ourselves so many questions about if we had done something would we have saved pugsy's life? And then 4 months later his littermate has a lump on her shoulder... Dr. confirmed it was a mast cell tumor. 4 years ago an old vet removed a mass from Lizzie's chest but told us it was a benine mast cell tumor. It so happens that lump wasn't benine... It was malignant. The lump that was removed already had spread to her shoulder. At least I know now my grandmother won't be questioning herself whether she did the right thing cuz now we know she's in doggy heaven with her brother pugsy. Although puggles and jazz really miss both of them.. Puggles has become grumpier more than ever towards jazz when jazz just wants comfort.. Comfort now that both of his favorite family members have passed. We all need this time for a grieving period and to be a family. Once we are done grieving over our loved ones we will adopt a pug or pugs from our local rescue..
[notify]

Kasey

Barked: Fri Apr 15, '11 5:48am PST 
It's a very sad time and I feel your pain. My black lab crossed the rainbow this past Tuesday. I'm still in shock, my home is so empty and quite frown I would have give her hers of my life to give her more time. We have to hang in there and know we gave them everything we could!
[notify]
Jazzy

momma's little- monster, the- terrorist,

Barked: Fri Apr 15, '11 1:13pm PST 
Casey - our home is very quiet even with my doxie around. I miss hearing her fiesty little bark and her little whines. And her loud snoring at night. My other pugs snores but not as loud as she sounded.
[notify]
Thor

Hump Hump

Barked: Sat Apr 16, '11 2:51pm PST 
So sorry for the loss of your Lizzie ...cry

Rest In Peace Pretty Girl ..

Thoughts & Prayers
Rommel & Thor..cry
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sat Apr 16, '11 9:03pm PST 
Sweetie, it's OK. Please don't blame yourself. Sometimes there is no way of knowing these things. Just know that your puggies had a good life with you, and you did the best you could.

kisses and hugs
[notify]
Lizzie

Barked: Sun Apr 17, '11 2:30am PST 
Thank you. it's amazing to think that her and her brother (passed away 12/8/2010) were dropped off on our doorstep 10 - 11 years ago. Because someone knew that they would be well taken care of. I know its not our fault. I just wish we could of possibly caught it early. But things happen for a reason. She had a good life. And i am proud to have given her a great life.
[notify]