GO!

Small Dogs Forum

Are you a fan of Dogster? Share what you love best about the most pawsome dog site ever! We woof you right back!

If you would like to request a new feature or enhancement for the site, please contact Dogster Support by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Addy, CGC

Let's go for a- walk!

Barked: Mon Sep 13, '10 6:13am PST 
What happened to it?
[notify]
Macy

Mommy is mine!

Barked: Mon Sep 13, '10 8:06am PST 
i was wondering the same thing, hope it's not gone for good frown
[notify]
Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Mon Sep 13, '10 9:54am PST 
Well, that's kinda rude. I didn't post there (no small dogs), but it doesn't seem fair to yank a whole forum with no notice. shrug

If it was there on a trial basis, that should have been made clear at the outset.
[notify]

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Mon Sep 13, '10 9:59am PST 
I noticed that this morning. I guess it wasn't very active. They did stick it in the middle of all the food forums which was an odd place for it, so maybe they realized that and are trying to move it? IDK. It doesn't really matter to me. I didn't post in it much anyway.
[notify]
Addy, CGC

Let's go for a- walk!

Barked: Mon Sep 13, '10 12:57pm PST 
It was as active as some of the other more specialized forums--and that was without having had several years to establish itself.

Of course, it was "welcomed" to Dogster with a barrage of hate.

And if they wanted to move it out of the middle of the food forums, and put it among the B&T, Puppies, Choosing the Right Dog forums (where it would seem a better fit), I'd think they could do that, without making it disappear with zero notice.
[notify]
Buckeye

Eat, Sleep &- Play! Yes, Life- is Good!

Barked: Mon Sep 13, '10 1:02pm PST 
I didn't notice it was gone until now shock But, its true, a lot of the bigger dogs didn't like it. In fact, I disliked it myself. I have two big(ish) dogs and I didn't really feel welcomed. I don't mind having to Forum there.. I just didn't post anything in it.

I don't know what happended to it. shrug I haven't seen any Mighty Dog ads around Dogster anymore, either. Maybe they Purina stopped sponsoring it?

Edited by moderator Mon Sep 13, '10 8:29pm PST

Edited by forums moderator
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Mon Sep 13, '10 1:42pm PST 
Well purina probably sponsored it to promote their small dog products like mighty dog. The forum was not advocating people feed their dogs purina products and people discouraged the use of them on the forum. It was not marketing their low quality products like they wanted.

That's my guess.

Why does the forum need sponsorship anyway? Can't we still have it? I liked a specific small dog forum. Maybe we should have size specific forums instead of breed, cause more people could participate. Many of us are mutt owners.

It was nice to have discussions on topics pertaining to dogs of Milton's size. I was actually going to visit that forum, but did not see it.
[notify]
Brittany

Hello. Allow me- to introduce- myself...

Barked: Mon Sep 13, '10 1:52pm PST 
I noticed it was gone. Was personally happy mainly because I hated that it was sponsered by Mighty Dogs and because of the location. I'd be fine with it (at this point, wasn't at first) if they just put it around the choosing dog forumn.
[notify]
Dublin Rose- O'Belle

Sugar Baby!

Barked: Mon Sep 13, '10 1:54pm PST 
I didn't post there much, but think that if it was worth putting up in the first place it is worth continuing. As a matter of fact, it would seem even more worth having if it was NOT sponsored by a particular brand. (note: I am making no criticism of said brand!)

Bring it back, lots of little pups DID like it!
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Mon Sep 13, '10 4:01pm PST 
Weird, I didn't even notice. I hope they put it back up. It was a heck of a lot more active than the breed forums.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3