GO!

The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!

Travel to places around the world, make new furiends and pawty with them; let your imagination carry you away!

(Page 1687 of 1936: Viewing entries 16861 to 16870)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1682  1683  1684  1685  1686  1687  1688  1689  1690  1691  1692  [Last 10 entry]  
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Fri Mar 22, '13 1:51pm PST 
Afternoon All......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOOTS MUM !!!

balloonsballoonsballoonsballoonsballoonsballoonsballoonsballoonsballoons

hughughughughughughughughughug

snoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopy

AnnieMum... the coackroaches were impossible to eradicate at the apartment. We could keep the numbers down.. but other people didnt care and it was always an uphill battle. I HATED them

Here.. have never seen a roach... and the house seems bug free of anything really. You have to be careful what you kill.. it will often allow less desirable bugs to fill in the gap.

If it makes anyone feel better... we have snow forecast for Sat night.. the 3 days rain we were forecast translated into 5 mins of damp yesterday.. we are having temp spikes tween 22F and 81F and all stops inbetween . Right now.. a wind chill of 38F... I now.. warm compared to some.

I am about to make a batch of my Gran's Apple ,Onion & Sultana Chutney.Its sort of a comfort taste from childhood. It is GREAT with any cold meat or cheese.

AbbySargeMum.. I miss the good Fish and Chip shops from the UK ! Never the same when you do it yourself !

Glad Tom's Mum is getting the help she needs. Sounds as if Tom's niece has enough on her plate with a cold and pregnancy !

Here.. you are lucky to be able to have windows open a total of 2-3 weeks a year... its either alot hotter out.. or a;=lot colder. I hate fly screens too.. never needed in UK.. but here they arent optional.

Glad Chloe is going on well.

Hugssssssssssssssss for all..............
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 7:02am PST 
Morning All.........

I see the spambots are running riot again... HQ are doing all they can.. its an uphill struggle and has been for the past week to 10 days..

Errands day.. and Jay wants to eat Mexy....

Hugssssssssss for all... back later
[notify]
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 7:20am PST 
Mornin'all,

Happy (belated) Birthday, Scoots mom!
partypartypartypartypartypartypartyparty

SargeMom, too bad about the fish fry and what a coincidence with the 2 tickets! Hope Tom's mom continues to improve in the rehab. Changing the beds seems to be a bigger job the older I get.

FlickaMom, aren't those huge roaches the worst....especially when they fly! eek It's been warm & humid the last few days and a front is coming through and temps will drop. AC one day..heater the next! Enjoy your Mexican food!

S&SMom, sending positive thoughts your way.

Allergies in full force here. Didn't do myself any favors being outside with wind blowing all that yellow powder around. Took a allergy pill and Tylenol and am feeling better now. I think we are doing income taxes today! ugh!

hug for all in need and Smooches for each and every one kissing
[notify]

Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 7:44am PST 
Quick post before going....

AnnieMum.. sorry you are feeling rough. Hoping the meds will give you some ease.

We dont actually have the big roaches here.. thankfully.. just the normal ones.. but also thankfully I havent seem any since we moved here.

Mexy is probably my least favourite! Its Jay's favourite though.. and its his turn to choose !

Feel better fast !

hughughughug
[notify]
Maiyah - Sahara

Little Miss- Maiyah

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 5:31pm PST 
End of week. Maiyah and Dad...tired. Went to the dog park for maybe a better nite.Scoots Mom, sorry, Happy late Birthday.Temp climbing, snow melting. Gettin ready for Passover and Easter. Dont ask.
wishes
hug
flowers
[notify]
Burt- BlackPearl

Shelter Dogs- Deserve a 2nd- Chance

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 6:05pm PST 
dog Well, we had a line on adopting a Golden named Burton, but he went home very happily with a family with children and a BOAT! We were a bit sad, but got a call today from the shelter.

They currently have a 3yr old male Golden in intake quarantine and will be temperament-testing him either Mon or Tues. Extremely friendly dog, I was told, likes everyone, gives kisses. Now, here's the catch: the owners got him as a puppy, and kept him outside 24/7/365 as a GUARD DOG for a Garage. Needless to say, they finally figured out he'd never be a guard dog, so they surrendered him. The adoption counselor said he was very friendly and good with her son, but when they took him to Petco he seems nervous, and didn't recognize/know what to do with toys (sound familiar?).

So, instead of housetraining a puppy, we would be housetraining a 3yr old Golden. Thoughts?
[notify]
Burt- BlackPearl

Shelter Dogs- Deserve a 2nd- Chance

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 7:42pm PST 
S&S Mom, we commented about the portable ac on your FB post on my pg. Karen C. (First Lady Bailey the pug's Mom) had some info too.

You are all constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

hug
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 9:38pm PST 
Maiyah..... Love and Hugsss to all....

Burt... had to laugh about the boat

Re housetraining.... Honestly.. no different to a pup.. none at all.Regular 'outs" .. also.. he will see what Burt does.. and that is a good influence.

All the usual high value(in terms of what he loves best.. not cost !)for rewards when all the right things done in the right places. You may well be surprised at how quick he adapts.You also might consider collecting a little of his pee and watering it where you want him to go !

Just think 3 year old puppy.. and it will be fine.

As to toys... thats a road you know. Lucas still has little interest in any toy.

Hope all goes as you wish
[notify]
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Sun Mar 24, '13 7:53am PST 
Mornin'all,

Hi Maiyah!

FlickaMom, A cold front blew in and it is chilly and very windy. I have some windwheels in the back yard and they are spinning like crazy! Oh, almost forgot....I have my first gardenia bloom! Hope you enjoyed the Mexican food even though it's not your favorite.

BurtMom, so sad to hear of a Golden that was kept outdoors 24/7. How could someone think a Golden would be a good guard dog? Have you met the dog yet? If it were me, I would see what connection we had and if you connect then take him home. A big factor would be how he & Burt get along, too. I know this must be so exciting for you. Annie doesn't play with toys either.

SargeMom, hope all is well at your house.

S&SMom, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Grand-daughter learned how to ride her bike without training wheels! Excitement is in the air!

hug for all in need and Smooches for each and every one kissing
[notify]
Sully &- Socks Our- Angel

Barked: Sun Mar 24, '13 10:39am PST 
So good to see you, Burt!

Regarding the type a/c unit I'm looking for:

Portable Air Conditioner

This is the portable a/c unit I was considering, but it went off sale, so have to start a new search. You don't have to add ice or anything to it and it drains from the bottom...had a panel you put in the window to attach exhaust hose to), so you put a pan under it (just like we have under our dehumidifier) and empty it as needed. In the heat/humidity of summer here, we have to empty our dehumidifier water every night, so assume it would be the same with a unit of this type.

The ones you have to add ice to are called "Evaporative Air Coolers" and are alot less expensive, but a pain & don't cool as well according to reviews I've read.

So, my search continues.

Thank you very much for the input (will check FB page & post same there).

Good luck with pup search...know a good relationship with Burt will be your foremost consideration.

Love to all...will try to get back later. Snow predicted tomorrow so Clark is at store getting a few things & I'm trying to search while he's out of the house. Last clearance with caridiologist is tomorrow at 2pm...hope weather isn't too bad AGAIN! Checking NOAA page Flicka Mom provided constantly!

hughughugBuhens!hughughug
[notify]
  (Page 1687 of 1936: Viewing entries 16861 to 16870)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1682  1683  1684  1685  1686  1687  1688  1689  1690  1691  1692  [Last 10 entry]