GO!

The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!

Travel to places around the world, make new furiends and pawty with them; let your imagination carry you away!

(Page 1639 of 1963: Viewing entries 16381 to 16390)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1634  1635  1636  1637  1638  1639  1640  1641  1642  1643  1644  [Last 10 entry]  
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 1:32pm PST 
hello all, Anniemom, glad that you have some information to check with your dentist now - I think they are just wonderful and my dentist said that insurance should cover them instead of the root canal/crown, that these last longer and easier to put in as well. How was your lunch with your son at Olive Garden? Sarge is to see someone tomorrow night at 5:30 for his eye - Fran has to see an oncologist, it is getting complicated as he went with a surgeon to have this operation and didn't do it the way most would, I think, with something that severe. Tom's Roswell appt. moved to February 20th, the doctor is going to his country for a family matter. So we wait.

Burt and Lar both are benefiting with the walk, Pearlmom, I remember when we came home from the vet the day we let Rocky go to the bridge, and Tom took the leash and said "going for a walk with my Rocky" - it broke my heart. He was missing him so much and when Abby came along, it was love for him and I know that Rocky wanted them to have each other. Wish there was something I could do, but support you all, and S&S Mom and Dad in their loss. There is no love quite like this love of our furred ones, and the loss is great.

Hope all who are not feeling good are getting better. I was sneezing and having a time but am doing better, need to go to bed early tonight, sleep and advil and fluids help me, and the Airbourne, for some reason.

Maiyah, a joy that you are little one, we saw a precious puppy your color yesterday at the PawPark - as cute as a bug - wiggling all over. The big dogs were all so good with her, as they knew she was a baby.

Her Spay is tomorrow I believe you said - and we'll be thinking of you all. cloud 9

Been on the phone all day today - and now have to clean up the kitchen and take Sarge for a stroll. Seems the holidays being over, everyone was calling and even some men from Tom's State Police on a case they were working on - that made him feel good to be asked for advice.

Lots of love to all - see you in the morning wave
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 2:22pm PST 
Afternoon All.....

Well the hoovering and dusting and floor washing is done. I HATE housework.. but with all the stuff for Xmas put away.. there was no excuse.

AbbySargeMum... your post wasnt there above mine yesterday... I hate it when post go missing !

Coinsidentel about your vet. Last Christmas my Vet also had an emergencey appendicectomy and had huge problems. He is a big man.. and stuff ruptured that shouldnt have. He too was supposed to be having more repair work (already had some) on the run up to Christmas. How strange a coincidence !

Yes.. my Doc is a good man... pity the Insurance company decided to refuse one of the meds(that they had done fine before) so that means a 500% price increase. Well.. I wont be taking it again. I REFUSE to be held to ransom by for little insurance cleark.

Hoping Sarge can heal . Just so hard to get it all right with the dry eye. Glad he is seeing someone tomorrow.

Hoping Fran will get some answers and will heal.

Glad you have a new date for Tom

AnnieMum... I got a massive bone infection when in the UK from a careless dentist.It took 5 mths of nuclear strength antibs to get it under control and the pain was awful. It massacred some of the bone.. and meant when I got here I had to have extensive treatment. I am a dental technician.. I KNOW just how inadequate false teeth are. Jay's dentist was amazing.... but I had to lose all my uppers and all but 3 of my lowers because of it all. I was devastated.. and still am.. it was my greatest dread.. and my teeth had always been good. The only way to proceed was bone grafts... and temp dentures whilst they took and healed. Took 2 X 3 hour surgeries to get to that point. It was basically hell for 198 mths as after the bone grafts healed.. I had to have metal posts inserted. They then had to heal. That was a3rd surgery. Eventually I have a full upper held by implants and a part lower. It still upsets me greatly. They let me work with them tp get the appearance natural .. the dentists Tech was a lady and she was so kind.. and understood I did have skills to know what was needed.

They came out great.. and are pretty much undetectable as not mine... but psychlogically I will never accept them. So....ask questions.. dont stop asking till you understand.. and have answers. A good dentist will work with you.

BurtMum... get WELL soon. The "D" stuff is nasty stuff.. I cant take for the same reason.. but wouldnt anyway.. Jay cant take it either. Was good for Larry too ! BIG HUGS for Burt .....

Hugssssssss for all..........try to be well fast ......
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 5:38pm PST 
I forgot to say about the Pot Roast... we are on Day 2 of it and it gets better !

I make mine like a stew....

Turnips//Parsnips//Carrots//Baby Onions//Potatoes//Celery//Pearl Barley//Split peas// couple of different kinds of dried beans

Gravy made the English way(with stuff magic carpeted in from UK !!) Oxo(stock cubes) Marmite and Bisto(brown gravy)granules...

The beef here is ridiculously cheap.. so I put a one pound beef joint in.
[notify]

Maiyah - Sahara

Little Miss- Maiyah

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 6:25pm PST 
Yo Auntie...Your stuff is available here...Marmite, Oxo and Bisto...chez Bramble House for everything British and Scot (marmalade) I love marmalade.....
Maiyah is doing fine. Have to cut down a bit on treats...???To avoid future problems.Clean teeth, good ears...etc. Next thing is "The big op "No little Maiyah...???

flowerskissinghamster dance
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 7:57pm PST 
PapaC.. some of the stuff I get Stephen(bro who isnt my Bro) to send from UK...Oxo....and several other things... but postage is the prohibiting factor there on weighty things. Some of it I can get.... Marmite....and some I can order from a super place in San Fransico. There is another in Boston too but their prices and postage are higher than the SF place. The marmalade I can get here too !

Hoping you will wait with Maiyah til she is older (past a year) for the spay. As a large breed she needs to grow on with the hormones. Done to soon it messes up the growth plates. While it is essensial she IS spayed... its worth giving her growth hormones the proper time. Its not like she is ever out of your sight.. and the liklihood of her getting preg is remote.
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 5:26am PST 
So is Maiyah getting spayed today? shrug If so, I'm sending you lots of PoP that it goes well hughughughughug

I'm glad dad and Burt went on a walk. Its good for both of them cloud 9hug

Mom is feeling much better....still has the cold, but it's about 75% better relieved It kicked moms butt and we did not like it frown
[notify]
Maiyah - Sahara

Little Miss- Maiyah

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 7:13am PST 
No, Maiyah will be going under when she reaches 6 months old. She will be 4 months on Jan 16th...
Will keep you posted,
Maiyah, Mom and Dad love you

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions
Small people always do that, but the really great make you
feel that you, too, can become great. – kissingflowersblue dog
[notify]
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 8:01am PST 
Mornin'all

BurtMom, hope your cold gets better. It seems to be going around over here. Jim just got over it. Great news that Lar is taking Burt on a walk. Should be good for both of them!

SargeMom, Olive Garden was wonderful! Always enjoy it there and garlic breadsticks were exceptionally good! Son drove us in his new 4-runner which was a treat being driven around...me in the back! POP for Fran & your Vet. Glad to hear that Tom was consulted on a case!

FlickaMom, I had an emergency appendectomy several years ago and went in the ER around 6am and surgery didn't happen until 9:30pm. They had to do a million tests to make sure it was appendix and when doc finally got it out it burst in his hand. Thankfully after it was out....or I would have been in big trouble. That was a very painful day and had to be off work 2 weeks for incision to heal. If that med is helping, you might want to check the manufacturer's website for coupons or discount cards. I have done that with several of our meds that aren't generic. I smell that pot roast way over here! yum! Your dental experience must have been awful!

Maiyah, have you been hopping around in the snow like a bunny?

Hi Scooter, glad mom is doing better.

Weather is supposed to be rain & stormy today and tomorrow. Annie is not very happy!

hug for all in need and Smooches for each and every one kissing
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 12:47pm PST 
Afternoon All.......

Jay just back from a Crown repair.. Had to have the old crown removed... some decay taken out and fitted with a temp crown and a new permenant one in 3 weeks. Thats another $1400 down. Not happy.. either of us !

Scoots... it takes time to recover from that.. think in terms of a month at least. Just build your strength up slowly.. Glad you are doing better.

Maiyah... tell Dad if they leave the spay till you are a year old.The growth plates in the bones depend on the hormones... and for a large breed like you are.. a year is really the minimum.

AnnieMum.. when I was 13 mine did burst.... I had had terrible pain bouts for 2 years.. doctors said it was "growing pains" .... yeah. Well it burst on the Saturday night and no-one knew.. they all thought it was just another session..... and I was more dead than alive when I was blue lighted into hospital on the Monday afternoon. I died on the op table.. and wasnt expected to live once they got me up and breathing again.

I did.. to spite them ! I then contracted Spinal Meningitis from the low state I was in.. in the hospital... I was finally home 8 weeks later.. with a 12" slash scar... they honestly thought it would matter as the only person they thought would see it was the Undertaker. My sister was a theatre nurse in that hospital(ops room you call it here) Only cos the surgeons knew her did they even try. I have a wonderful South African surgeon to thank for my life.

That med has to be compounded.. so it isnt covered by any coupons etc..

HOPING for rain tween now and Thursday.. supposed to have a good chance !!

Hugsss for all........ take care.. stay safe...
[notify]
Maiyah - Sahara

Little Miss- Maiyah

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 6:02pm PST 
Ok,
Spoke with a Doc at the Vet Hospital, the one that took care of Jenna after we got turned off by the regular vet...They agree about the plates (????)but say that the possible problems outweigh the hormone business. So, it is not final but we most likely will go for an in between.Told that it should be before the first "being in heat". So, WE do not want to disagree but mainly do the best for Maiyah with minimal risk
[notify]
  (Page 1639 of 1963: Viewing entries 16381 to 16390)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1634  1635  1636  1637  1638  1639  1640  1641  1642  1643  1644  [Last 10 entry]