GO!

Editing deceased dog's page...

This forum is for Dogster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Dogster account, or require technical support, please contact Dogster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

Kiera

Did someone say- outside?

Barked: Mon Jul 12, '10 5:58pm PST 
This is definitely not a pleasant question to ask, but my dog Katie is no longer with us due to ailing health back in January. I've not been on this site in quite some time, but would like to start posting again. I saw in editing where there was a box to check that said "no longer with us" but nothing shows up on her page. I don't want to simply delete her (even though it's just a silly internet page, that seems cruel to do...), but would like it to somehow be a little more obvious that she is over the rainbow bridge now (aka, I don't want people mistaking that she is still here and forcing me to explain how she no longer is....too emotionally difficult to deal with - I am finally near closure, I feel).

How can I do that, if I can do that?
[notify]
Buckeye

Eat, Sleep &- Play! Yes, Life- is Good!

Barked: Mon Jul 12, '10 7:40pm PST 
First, let me say that I am very sorry for your loss of Katie. She looked like a very sweet dog.

There are several things you can do to honor Katie. As you said, you added "No longer with us" for her page. Since she is not aging anymore, her age has been removed from her page below her picture.

Another option is adding the "Rainbow Bridge". Many believe that when a pet passes away, they go to a place called the Rainbow Bridge. Therefore, Dogster added a badge you can put on your page that says Rainbow Bridge. If you'd like to do this, go to your account page and scroll down to Katie's page options. There will be lettering to the right, in bold, that reads "Badges". Click the link next to it that says "Manage Badges". Select the Rainbow Bridge badge, then click "Save Changes". The badge should then be displayed on Katie's page.

Another thing you can do add something special next to her name. Most often, Dogsters either put "In Memory", "In Loving Memory", "In our hearts forever" or the year that the dog was born and the year that the dog passed (for example: 2002-2010).

Sometimes, people add nice graphics to their page. You can often find them on a website called Glitter-Graphics. To visit this site, just click here You can also have a picture done in honor of Katie. A group called Pawsome Pages can help you out with this. To visit this group, just click here

Edited by author Mon Jul 12, '10 7:43pm PST

[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Tue Jul 13, '10 12:58pm PST 
This is where to find the little tick box

My Account// Modify biography and traits//Story

the tick box you need is there.

Buckeye has some wonderful ideas as well.

I would like to correct that Pawsome Pages doesnt make pictures though.They can teach you to code to decorate a page.
[notify]

Buckeye

Eat, Sleep &- Play! Yes, Life- is Good!

Barked: Wed Jul 14, '10 2:34pm PST 
Thanks for catching that, Flicka! Didn't mean to say they can make you pictures, but they can help you with codes and making your page more decorative. Woofs
[notify]
In Loving- Memory of- Chance

The dog who- didn't stand a- chance

Barked: Fri Jul 23, '10 11:46pm PST 
There's also a "Rainbow Bridge" badge you can put on your pets page. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, because I didn't completely read through all the posts. Under "Diary" and "Videos" there should be an option for "Badges". Click on manage and you will see one for "Rainbow Bridge" just click it and hit "Save Changes".

I know how tough it is adding these things to their profiles after losing them. I had clicked "No longer with us" the day of when Chance passed... but other than that, I just let his profile sit. I don't think I completely edited it until two or three months later. Your family will be in my thoughts. hug

I see Buckeye helped you with the badge. There are also people around Dogster who will make pictures with wings for your pup. I know of a group that will make them. If you'd like to join it, pawmail me and I'll send you the link.

Edited by author Fri Jul 23, '10 11:48pm PST

[notify]