GO!

Any tips for taking good pictures

This forum is for Dogster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Dogster account, or require technical support, please contact Dogster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Cooper

be the person- your dog thinks- you are

Barked: Mon May 16, '05 4:40pm PST 
I need new pictures on my page. Any tips
[notify]
"Sophie" - The - Rapper

I am Hip Hop! I- am a Diva!

Barked: Mon May 16, '05 5:37pm PST 
Treats, treats, and more treats Cooper! Tell you person to hold them tightly in their fingers! Maybe give you a taste and a smell! That will make you perk your ears up and give you some cute expressions!!
[notify]
AJ (5/25/98 - 7/27/09)

Barked: Mon May 16, '05 5:40pm PST 
Here's a few tricks that I've learned. I hope they help..

First.. Always keep the camera nearby and ready to take a picture. I find the digi cameras are wonderful because I can take dozens of photos in one evening and any that I don't like, just delete..

If you want a portrait type of photo, wait until the dog is relaxed and in a quiet setting. Have a solid color background and don't make a big fuss when taking the picture. Focus close enough to fill the camera screen with the subject.

Get down to dog's level and take the picture straight on instead of standing up and focusing down.

To get that "alert look" just before you snap the picture, have a clicker or something like a squeaker. Extend your arm to the side and upwards (having camera focused and ready) then make the clicking noise and snap the picture when dog looks towards the sound. That way, you can try to avoid the red eye, but still get the alert look as the dog reacts to the clicker and looks up.. or, if you don't want head raised, just extend arm and hand out to the side on level with dog's eyes.

A good photo editing program really helps too, if there is lots of background that needs to be removed. Here's my "work page" to give you an example:
http://www.angelfire.com/hi5/willow0/
[notify]

Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Mon May 16, '05 5:41pm PST 
Lots and lots of pictures!

Mommie just snaps away. Once in a while, nice pictures turn out. If you have a digital camera, and film processing fee is not an issue, you can get great candid action shots through this method. smile

Of course, if you want your dog to sit still for the camera, you can just offer him a treat and tell him to sit. But that results in a picture of a dog with his head up really high because he's looking at the treat smile
[notify]
♥Stitch♥

I love my mom.

Barked: Mon May 16, '05 6:58pm PST 
Help!!! I'm afraid of the camera. The click & flash. I do better with digital then regular because it is quieter. Mom has got a few good ones but I get to nervous. Any one else like that???
[notify]
AJ (5/25/98 - 7/27/09)

Barked: Mon May 16, '05 7:28pm PST 
If your mom has a zoom lens, she can take pictures of you outside on the lawn and use the zoom lens.. That way, no flash , and you're far enough away so it won't be so scary..

Have her give you something to chew on to take your attention away from her.
[notify]
Sully

the Mighty

Barked: Mon May 16, '05 8:35pm PST 
Awesome tips, AJ! Our Mommy plans on putting them to good use!
[notify]
AJ (5/25/98 - 7/27/09)

Barked: Mon May 16, '05 9:57pm PST 
Please, if I can help in any way, I would be happy to. If you have pictures that need to be cropped or want a border around them/etc and you don't have a photo program, I would be happy to do it for you. You can email the pics to me and I'll send back the edited ones . Photography and photo editing is my hobby (but most of the pics on my doggy pages was before I took it up as a hobby..)

I posted the URL for my new work on this board up there someplace.. (I think..lol)
[notify]
AJ (5/25/98 - 7/27/09)

Barked: Mon May 16, '05 9:59pm PST 
Oops.. I forgot to say that my public email address is easilivin "at" elvis.com
[notify]
Morgan

The Mighty- Labradorus--Rarr- !

Barked: Tue May 17, '05 7:46am PST 
Mom has a friend with a great camera, and he just snaps TONS of pictures. Some come out good, (like the picture they used for my Dog of the Week picture), and some not so good. You just have to take a whole bunch and you should get a few winners.

Mom's friend put all the pictures he took of me up on a webpage and mom just takes the ones that she likes best smile
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2