GO!

The Boy Is Gaining Speed

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

MACH Koji BN- RAE MXB MJS- MXF T

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 8:56am PST 
Koji has been progressing really nicely in Agility over the past few months. He has gained more skills, confidence and speed when he runs and it shows.

I am very proud of his Excellent FAST run on Sunday. FAST is a game where there is a distance send involved. There will be a line on the ground and the handler can not go pass that line while the dog has to go behind the line and complete the obstacle sequence in order (usually 3 obstacles). The Bonus Send of the FAST run in this video is 2 jumps and then the left side of the tunnel and the distance is about 15 feet.

Most of the dogs that got the bonus send have great verbal/directional training to do the distance send. With us, it is really the strategy of leading out laterally far enough to the line that I could push into him to take the first jump in the sequence and still able to run a direct line to show forward motion for him to take the second jump and the tunnel without zipzagging.

I love his speed and enthusiasm here. He ran fast and happily and has lovely running A-Frame. Standard Course Time (SCT) is 35 and his time is 22.65

Koji's Excellent FAST run

This is Koji in Master Jumper with Weave (JWW) on Saturday. He gave me his fastest YPS (Yards Per Second) so far in this run. He responded very well to all the body/motion cues and I hardly utter a word during the whole run.

Koji's Master Jumper with Weaves (JWW) run
[notify]
Abbey

Feisty- Girl

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 10:55am PST 
Very nice runs! Congrats! way to go
[notify]
Addie CL1- CL2 CL3 NAJ

if it moves,- I'll chase it!

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 12:50pm PST 
WTG!! great job! Hope we'll be there some day smile
[notify]

MACH, C-ATCH- Bailey RN,- CGCA

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 3:19pm PST 
Great runs!! applause
[notify]
MACH4 PACH2- Aslan

RAE TQX MXF MXB2- MJS2 MXBP MXJP,- etc.

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 10:02pm PST 
Excellent job!!!
[notify]
Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Wed Dec 19, '12 4:10am PST 
Awesome Koji!
applauseapplauseapplause

It's so rewarding to see how they improve big grin
[notify]

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 9:27pm PST 
Good job! My Peggy hasn't been that fast but she's getting there, and getting old. laugh out loud
[notify]