GO!

Looking to buy scent articles

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

Lexey,- C.D.X.,- G.N., R.E.,- C.G

When I grow up I- want to be a- doberman

Barked: Sat Jul 14, '07 3:44pm PST 
I am wanting to buy used scent articles that would fit a chihuahua. If anyone has some that they no longer use or know of a place that might sell them at a reasonable price, please let me know.

Thanks,

Lexey's mommy
[notify]
Blue

Certified- Therapy Dog!!!

Barked: Sun Jul 15, '07 8:05pm PST 
i get all my stuff at jjdog.com. ther good prices but idk if there small would be to big for you chi. lol ive never seen a chi do obedince before! wow was it hard to train him?
[notify]
UCDX Sasha- CDX,TT,CGC

Fetch It- Yourself

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '07 9:36am PST 
You could make your own articles.

I would get a medium width leather leash and cut 6 equal pieces, then bind the ends together to make leather rings. Braided leather is pretty too.

You can use ball jar canning lid rings for the metal scent articles. I have some that I glued together to make them easier to pick up.

Using bent spoons would work well too.

Or small rinsed and clean tomato juice cans.

Doesn't have to be fancy expensive articles, just identical in material in size.

But, if you were interested in a retriever sized set, Sasha won't be needing hers anymore, she' s retired.
[notify]

Keep'n The- Peace UD RE- HIC

more like- Disturbin' the- Peace bark bark

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '07 9:39am PST 
and don't forget the yahoo group, 'dog show stuff' - all kinds of dog show stuff for sale there, for cheap!

I've seen some sets at Ebay too. Probably craig's list as well.
[notify]
Lexey,- C.D.X.,- G.N., R.E.,- C.G

When I grow up I- want to be a- doberman

Barked: Mon Aug 6, '07 7:57pm PST 
I like the idea of using a spoon and braided leather to get her use to holding that kind of texture in her mouth until I can get a set that we could use in the ring too.

I have been checking ebay, but have only found ones that fit sheltie sizes and up. None that would fit a 4lb dog, lol, but I'll keep checking.

I haven't tried the other ones mentioned. I'll get on there tonight.
[notify]
♥Beam- er♥

I love my Mom!

Barked: Tue Aug 14, '07 4:12pm PST 
You can use "everyday" objects, like those you are talking about in the ring. It states in the AKC obed regs Chapter 5 Section8 The articles will be provided by the handler and will consist of two sets, each comprised of five identical objects, which may be items of everyday use. The size of the articles will be proportionate to the size of the dog. The articles in each set will be legibly numbered with a different number and must be approved by the judge.
[notify]