GO!

Thoughts on hair bows for small breed males..

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Fri Aug 24, '12 3:31pm PST 
I try like heck not to cave in and put hair bows in my male shichon, but Mozart's post made me re-think that.

What are your thoughts on hair bows for male toy breeds...?

Totally seeing why some owners seek females..they ARE cuter and easier to dress..

Course, I love Frankie hair bows or not, it just would be fun to be able to use some..smile

Yay or nay to hair bows for male toy breeds...?
[notify]
Murphy

Smurph Man

Barked: Fri Aug 24, '12 4:12pm PST 
I have a few "manly" bows for Murph that have trucks, cars, frogs, and some sports themed bows. I rarely use them but there was a point when I did put them in and I constantly got the "aww what a cute girl" comments big laugh. Needless to say I rarely use bows in his hair, I usually only let his hair grow out in the winter too.

Frog Bow

He seems much happier with just a regular topknot though big laugh
Regular topknot
[notify]
Bella

Barked: Fri Aug 24, '12 4:35pm PST 
Frankie I think if you want to try bows go ahead and try to get some boy colors for himway to go First I would get some topknot hair ties and pull his hair up and see how he does with that some dogs hate to have a bow and there hair being pulled up. But I think you can get him use to it and see how it goes!

It is nice having a girl to put girly hair bows in as you can see with Bella's photo but Bella does not wear them alot she really does not like them that much, so normally on special occasion she will wear them or for photo shoots. A website that I have bought bows off that I love is bowbizdogbows I only have a couple for Bella but they are really good quality and have a great selection
http://www.bowbizdogbows.com/

With Mozart when he was little and his hair would get long I would pull it up in a topnot and he never seemed to mind, I think he acutally would be better for wearing them then Bella. I might just have to get him one for his Birthdaysmile
[notify]

Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Fri Aug 24, '12 6:30pm PST 
I don't think dogs care about the gender roles we impose on them via clothing. They're just happy people are paying attention. besides, dogs can't see pink, so how would they know that they are wearing girly colors unless people make a big deal about it? All they know is they're wearing this gray greenish thing.
[notify]
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Fri Aug 24, '12 7:35pm PST 
Yeah, I was thinking about putting some in now that we are thinking about growing his hair longe rfor winter..

Aww, Murphy looks soo cute!! as does Bella!!! big grin

That is exactly what I was thinking about, if anything, boy themed like football ones or blue or green..or even just a topknot as someone said, to keep the hair out of his eyes..

But yea, I guess it makes no difference I think if the bows are blue, green, pink, purple or orange, some people will still address a dog as boy or girl just out of habit..and as others have said, dogs cannot tell the difference in colors..

I did try a couple bows in him last winter when his hair was kind of long, he is hit and miss on whether he likes them..

Thanks.. it is good to see it is okay for the boys to wear bows, too!! way to go
[notify]
Emma-Gem

I'm the PRINCESS- of the house!

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 2:32pm PST 
hmmmm in the past their were post about "colors" seeing as dogs are color blind this is more for you then the dog (dog's don't have human feelings) so they wont feel any embaressment if you pinked a pink or blue bow...or colored his hair pink and blue....so it's entirely up to you what you choose for bows (personally I wouldn't put bows in a male dogs hair...i'd just get some fabic at the dollar store or at the fabric store and i would get some pinking shears and put a bandana on him...but like i said dogs dont feel "humility" so you can choose to put whatever you want on you dog ! he isn't going to care!!! remember they AREN'T human! have fun! i don't want to offend i'm just saying i mean they crap in public do you think if they had "human" feelings they would do this?
[notify]
Molly

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 3:35pm PST 
i think there cute as long as there not too girly to make the male lose its manliness, also if the dog likes it and dosent scratch it off its head like mine does then its perfectly acceptable
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Mon Nov 5, '12 11:49am PST 
I don't think dogs really care either way, but I personally wouldn't., otherwise people would mistake him for a girl. laugh out loud
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 8:46am PST 
Then think historically, in the actual Mozarts time men of style all had long hair and bows. One of the joys of having a toy breed is making them adorable...Enjoy!
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 12:06pm PST 
Pfft people still call Jewel a boy because she lifts her leg to pee. And she's got some fancy glitzy bows!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2