GO!

Dog Bicycle Basket?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

Mozart

I am Fearless

Barked: Thu Jul 26, '12 9:59am PST 
I was thinking of getting a basket for my dogs to hook on to my bike. Does anyone know which one is the best to get? Mozart is 10lbs and Bella is 8.5 pounds

I was looking at this one And it really like it!
I love the look of the wicker plus it has a cover that can sheild them from the sun!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Solvit-62331-Tagalong-Wicker-Bicycle /dp/B002AI8PKM/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header
[notify]
Mozart

I am Fearless

Barked: Thu Jul 26, '12 10:01am PST 
forgot to say that I want it so then can ride separately not together, I know they would not fit plus Bella does not like to be very close with Mozart but Mozart does he just adores her.
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Thu Jul 26, '12 10:42am PST 
Snoozer has some little dog bike baskets that go either in the rear or front:

http://www.snoozerpetproducts.com/exercise-pet-pleasure-c- 26_36.html
[notify]

Sadie &- Leila

Barked: Fri Aug 3, '12 3:39pm PST 
I have the Snoozer Pet Bicycle Basket that you can find in Lilith's link. The basket does it's job and I am happy with it. The wicker one has the cover to provide shade which is nice. Also, the wicker basket uses an actual mount, whereas the Snoozer one has straps which you buckle around the handlebars. I haven't had any problems with them but the mount does look more secure.

Edited by author Fri Aug 3, '12 3:40pm PST

[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Sun Sep 23, '12 6:39pm PST 
Mines a milk crate tied and secured with a lot of ropes and bungies. I purposely installed a rear bike rack just so I could do this. I made sure the rack could support Milton's weight. Some of the dog bike baskets are not attached to the frame and are just strapped on unlike my rear bike rack. I wanted something more secure. Plus Milton is too big for a lot of specially designed bike baskets for dogs. I also know baskets on the handle bars throw off my balance more.

There is some training involved in this. I had to slowly introduce Milton to this and use treats to encourage him.
[notify]
Ginger DSA- ThD TT CGC - &hearts

My Angel

Barked: Sun Sep 23, '12 11:23pm PST 
I have the Pet Gear 3-in-1 bike basket (large size) and I like it a lot!
[notify]