GO!

How to get picky shih tzu to eat his dog food?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 35)  
1  2  3  4  
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Tue Jan 14, '14 12:33pm PST 
bump
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Wed Jan 15, '14 6:48am PST 
bump
[notify]
Maddie&Nash

Barked: Wed Jan 15, '14 6:07pm PST 
I'm currently dog sitting my daughter's yorkie-poo while she's on her honeymoon. Paxton is a "picky eater" at home, grazing throughout the day, taking pieces of kibble out of the bowl, spitting them out on the floor, eating some of it, etc.

My two dogs are fed a.m. and p.m. and do the happy dance at each meal. There is no "grazing" at my house - one of the other dogs would inhale any leftovers, and I don't want any fights or fat dogs - lol! I only add a little warm water (microwave the water for a few seconds in a cup, just to lukewarm) to help with the dehydration problem that kibble fed dogs can suffer. It also increases the aroma and gets the dogs excited at meal time.

The first time I dog sat Paxton, he refused to eat for 3 days - meh, I could care less. I took up his food and fed him at the next meal. Also, absolutely NO TREATS while they're on strike. Otherwise, they'll fill up on them and not have the proper motivation to eat what they should. The second time I dog sat him, it took him two days to eat. This time, he ate the first meal hesitantly, and by the second meal, he was doing the happy dance with my two dogs! He's now happily scarfing down his food with gusto, whining and carrying on like he's never been fed while he's waiting. Now we're working on waiting quietly...laugh out loud
[notify]

Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Wed Jan 15, '14 11:07pm PST 
bump
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Thu Jan 16, '14 7:20am PST 
bump
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 35)