GO!

Fun Personality type quizzes for you and your dog! (Cross post)

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Kip & Oogie

Goof Fox & Diva- Squirrel

Barked: Sun Feb 26, '12 11:47pm PST 
So, I was just perusing the interwebs and ended up stumbling on a couple of interesting personality tests, both for dogs and their owners! I originally posted this in the "Other Barks and Woofs" forum but thought maybe those who browse the "Small Dogs" section might be interested in it too smile

The one for dogs is pretty neat. It's called the CBTI and it measures your pup's personality based on three factors- Environmental (Organized or Disorganized), Social (Alpha, Beta, or Gamma), and Motivational/Energy (High or Medium). You can take it here: CBTI Test

The other one is geared towards your particular "Dog Owner Behavior pattern" and doesn't really have a test to take for it, but I'm sure most of you will be able to read the descriptions and determine what type(s) you fall into smile Dog Owner Personality Types

For my two pups, Kip got the "Diplomat" type (Organized-Gamma-Medium Energy) and Oogie got the "Dreamer" type (Spontaneous-Beta-Medium Energy). Here's their descriptions so you can get an idea of the different types:

Kip- "The Diplomat is a task focused, submissive character employing passive, medium energy techniques. It strives to keep order in a small but meaningful area and do the leader's bidding in a passive, sometimes underhanded manner. The combination of Submissive (Gamma or G) and Medium (M) energy factors make the Diplomat a soft, loving, easy care character."

Oogie- "The Dreamer is disorganized, socially and mentally. It lacks the energy to assert an active social challenge but may challenge an easy going owner or dog over some prized resource such as a couch or bone, perhaps curling it's lip or snarling occasionally. It enjoys free-form pastimes such as watching TV or sniffing about off lead most of all."

^^ The results I got for them are pretty dead on!! I guess I must not be an "easy-going" owner though because Oogie doesn't ever grumble at me. She has mastered the "pout" and the "exasperated sigh" though laugh out loud

As for the "Dog Owner Type," I'm primarily "Soul-mate" but also have a bit of "Observer" thrown in:

"The Soul Mate: Loving, attentive, and empathetic towards their dogs, true Soul Mates value the deep-feeling connections they develop with their pets. Soul Mates are always thinking of their pets’ safety and wellbeing, and a Soul Mate’s dog is always very well taken care of. Soul Mates are also known to take their dogs on many trips, adventures, and outings. As a result, their dogs are usually very well socialized."

Hope you guys like them! Feel free to share your results on either or both smile
[notify]

Barked: Sat Jul 7, '12 4:10pm PST 
Extremely interesting! Thanks so much for sharing. I am definitely a mix of the Expert and the Soul-Mate. Love it! dog
[notify]
Bruno CGC

Honorary Kelpie

Barked: Sat Jul 7, '12 5:02pm PST 
I had a slight problem with your link to the second one- it put in a space so was non-functional. Easy to correct, of course. I remember that first personality quiz- I still think some of the questions are misleading- there is a HUGE range between "depends on my commands even when excited" and "ignores my commands most of them time", etc. It's all in fun, though. Bruno tends to get the "Commando" (OAH) "Director" (OAM) "Sentry" (OBM) and one other I can't remember now (OBH)... So out of 12 possible types, he only gets four of them. laugh out loud

Owner-wise, it's so hard to say how others would perceive me. Definitely Expert foremost, (why else spend so much time on Dogster? smile ) because I love researching dog stuff and learning about them, but with dimensions of Soul Mate and Master. I want a deep emotional connection with my dog, but I also want to be in control and have my dog work for me. But maybe that is a result of living with Bruno? He is the kind of dog who practically begs for advanced training, and needs pretty rigid control to keep others safe (he is dog aggressive and predatory.) So my reactions have probably been shaped by him. With Ginger (previous dog) training and control were a lot less important to me so I was probably more of an Observer or Free Spirit.

Edited by author Sat Jul 7, '12 5:07pm PST

[notify]

Remington's- Saturday- Night Spe

Cute-- and I know it!

Barked: Sat Jul 7, '12 8:27pm PST 
Here's Remi's: Your dog is an Spontaneous, Gamma and High Activity type which we call the Investigator. The Investigator is a loveable, submissive, funny, even silly character that is happiest when obeying its leader or involved in freeform activity.

This fits him to a 'T'!!
[notify]
Star BN RN- RA

IM too CUTE

Barked: Sun Jul 8, '12 5:41am PST 
Stars is right on!! "Your dog is an Organised, Gamma and High Activity type which we call the Deputy. The Deputy is a submissive, mouldable, balanced character. It happily does the leader's bidding, is easily led and controlled but prefers an orderly environment. The Deputy conforms to its leader's wishes most readily. Deputies are easy to train, willing to conform socially and team spirited. They are everybody's friend."
[notify]
Conker

OBEY ME!

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '12 4:52am PST 
Conker is:

SBH - Adventurer

Your dog is a Spontaneous, Beta and High Activity type which we call the Adventurer. The Adventurer regularly challenges the social order, routine and environmental orderliness. It constantly searches for new social and environmental standards. It is highly competitive with plenty of energy and a playful spirit but not great at group activities.

This is mostly correct. A few things are way off, like the "searches for social standards" He is very ANTI-social with most everything except me. But everything else is just about spot on.
[notify]
Kc

Ain't nothing- but a hound dog.

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '12 8:42am PST 
Your dog is a Spontaneous, Gamma and Medium Activity type which we call the Companion. The Companion has the softest, most charming character for a family pet. They are funny, silly, laid back, subservient and obedient. It is rarely serious, is everyone's friend and its favourite pastime is to 'ride' the couch. The most unobjectionable combination of traits. Do not expect it to be a strong watch dog, athlete, or seem especially clever.

Very, very true.laugh out loud
[notify]
Shiloh ITD

GIMME BACON!

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '12 9:03am PST 
Very true about Shiloh- Your dog is an Organised, Beta and Medium Activity type which we call the Sentry. The Organised (O) factor motivates territoriality and the need to control its environment. Sentries can easily switch from dominant to submissive strategies due to the Beta (B) social status factor. The Medium (M) energy factor means they will defend and control modest areas.
[notify]
Foxxy

Pocket Wolf

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '12 2:07pm PST 
SBH - Adventurer

Your dog is a Spontaneous, Beta and High Activity type which we call the Adventurer. The Adventurer regularly challenges the social order, routine and environmental orderliness. It constantly searches for new social and environmental standards. It is highly competitive with plenty of energy and a playful spirit but not great at group activities.
[notify]
Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '12 2:07pm PST 
OGH - Deputy

Your dog is an Organised, Gamma and High Activity type which we call the Deputy. The Deputy is a submissive, mouldable, balanced character. It happily does the leader's bidding, is easily led and controlled but prefers an orderly environment. The Deputy conforms to its leader's wishes most readily. Deputies are easy to train, willing to conform socially and team spirited. They are everybody's friend.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2