GO!

Table surfing

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Princesse- Lily CGN

I am RoyalChi!

Barked: Mon Nov 15, '10 3:36pm PST 
Anyone else have this issue? Hubby and I were both gone all day (not a normal state of affairs ) and when we both got back, I could see Princesse had been on the table. The tablecloth was all crooked and there was a chewed up mint still in the wrapper on the table. Usually we can get her off the table because we are there to catch her. She gets on it even when there is nothing there, to scavenge crumbsnaughty Anyone else have this small dog problem and how do you deal with it?

Edited by author Mon Nov 15, '10 3:38pm PST

[notify]
Loki

It's all about- the love

Barked: Mon Nov 15, '10 4:05pm PST 
Loki has this problem. and at our old house the kitchen was open to the family room and he would jump up on the couch and onto the counter. We just try to make sure the chairs are pushed in.
[notify]
Buckeye

Eat, Sleep &- Play! Yes, Life- is Good!

Barked: Mon Nov 15, '10 4:10pm PST 
Big doggie here..

We used to have this problem when Buckeye was a puppy. He used to put his two paws up and just slide down the counters, searching for whatever he could reach. He doesn't do it anymore, thank goodness!

My advice: Teach your dog the "off" command. When you see him jump up on the counter, say off and just nudge him down. Keep everything out of reach when you are not home.

Edited by author Mon Nov 15, '10 4:12pm PST

[notify]

Princesse- Lily CGN

I am RoyalChi!

Barked: Mon Nov 15, '10 4:24pm PST 
She is so tiny, that I just can't push the chairs in far enough. We do tell her "off" but off course thats after she is up thereconfused Even when nothing is there, she gets up there. No more mints on the table though.smile
[notify]
Paris

support the- rabid

Barked: Mon Nov 15, '10 4:46pm PST 
We can't leave ANY drinks on the end tables next to the couch because Paris will get into them. She also figured out that if she pulls on the coffee table place-mat that whatever is on it (food!) will fall on the ground and be easy pickins.
[notify]
Lizzie, CGC

Fence Jumper

Barked: Mon Nov 15, '10 6:10pm PST 
My Lizzie is VERY sneaky. She is 55lbs and jumps up on the kitchen table when I am not home, but only when I am not home. She does it to bark out the window, even though I have the curtains closed. I am constantly cleaning up stuff she's knocked off...
[notify]
Donovan'sMajesticJet of Solace

Street sweeper!

Barked: Mon Nov 15, '10 7:35pm PST 
Well. as a puppy @ 6 months, my Jet was 90 lbs. I didnt realise how big he had grown, until the morning after I took out a prime grade rib roast to thaw on the kitchen counter. I got up in the morning and he had scarfed the raw roast on the living room floor. The carpet was bloody and I thought he had killed someone. Not funny then, but endearing now. Keep counters clean and dont allow pup in the kitchen at all.
[notify]
Princesse- Lily CGN

I am RoyalChi!

Barked: Tue Nov 16, '10 2:56am PST 
Hey Jet, where you been?wave Thats the thing, you see, big dogs counter surf, little dogs table surfwinkI can't keep her out of the kitchen, because of the way the house is set up. shrug
[notify]
Donovan'sMajesticJet of Solace

Street sweeper!

Barked: Tue Nov 16, '10 6:52am PST 
HI, Lily! I dont post much anymore, since losing my big boy. But still read everyones posts. I enjoy hearing about all of dogster pups antics.
[notify]
Princesse- Lily CGN

I am RoyalChi!

Barked: Tue Nov 16, '10 2:13pm PST 
Oh, Jet, I am so sorryhug I had no ideacry
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2