GO!

How much did your puppies weigh at 6 months?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Gunther

Muffin Lips.

Barked: Sat Sep 18, '10 6:23pm PST 
Hi everyone wave

I was just curious as to what everyone's small breed puppies weighed around 5 or 6 months old? Gunther will be 6 months on October 6th, and he already weighs around 10-12 lbs. I'm just really curious as to how big he'll be when he's fully grown. big grin

So what did everyone weigh? And what do you weigh now? blue dog
[notify]
SassySue

The devil made- me do it!

Barked: Sat Sep 18, '10 7:33pm PST 
I weighed 5 pounds at 6 months and now I weigh 9 pounds (10 pounds when I'm soaking wet). For small dogs the weight at 5 months old just about doubles when pup becomes an adult. I'll bet you are going to be about 17 to 18 pounds full grown!
[notify]
Lacey- Princess- Akamine

Got Meat?!

Barked: Sun Sep 19, '10 12:30am PST 
I weighed about 5 pounds at 4 months old.When I was 7 months I weighed about 7 pounds.Today I'm still about 7 pounds.
[notify]

Gunther

Muffin Lips.

Barked: Sun Sep 19, '10 8:57am PST 
Hm, that's interesting. I guess doubling the weight isn't accurate then. Because if I doubled Gunther's weight, even at four months, he would be in the 20-25 lb range. thinking
[notify]
Saige

I wag my butt!

Barked: Sun Sep 19, '10 12:54pm PST 
I think Saige was right around 3 pounds at 5 months. She's now topped out at 4.8 pounds.
[notify]
Maxwell Smart

The dog park toy- thief!

Barked: Sun Sep 19, '10 7:17pm PST 
Max is 6 1/2 months now and weighs 18 lbs. I think this is about as big as he's gonna get.
[notify]
Skeeder

Skeet-Skeet

Barked: Sun Sep 19, '10 7:41pm PST 
Skeeder is 5 1/2 months and he weighs 3.5 pounds. Both his parents were just under 5 lbs. I hear that usually small breeds are close to there adult weight around 7 months. Not sure how true that is but I guess we'll see blue dog
[notify]
Bella

I'm big in- Japan.

Barked: Mon Sep 20, '10 10:58am PST 
At 6 months, Bella weighed 10.5 lbs. Now at nearly 9 months, she weighs 13. Her growth plates aren't closed yet (we got x-rays done when we thought she hurt herself), so she may grow 2-5 lbs more. She is going to be on the more petite side of her breed standard.

Edited by author Mon Sep 20, '10 11:00am PST

[notify]
Gunther

Muffin Lips.

Barked: Mon Sep 20, '10 12:16pm PST 
I don't know why this topic interests me, because I don't really mind what size he ends up to be. I suppose it's all the different opinions. I'm guessing he could stop growing in a few months, but he's already much bigger than you guys were as puppies, except for Max. He's around 10-12 lbs now at five months. So When he reaches six months it might be more. Then, according to how you guys grew, he might just stop after that. This is really helping me get an idea big grin
[notify]
Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Mon Sep 20, '10 3:37pm PST 
Kit grew pretty fast up until around the 6 month mark. After that his growth rate seemed to start slowing down and I think he hit his max weight when he was about 7 months old. He was 15lbs at 7 months and is still 15lbs exactly - he's almost 2 years old now.

I don't remember the exact numbers, but I think he only gained a couple more lbs between when he was 5/6 months and when he was 7 months, when he stopped growing.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2