GO!

Harnesses?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Pepsie

*Pepsie the- Papillon*

Barked: Sat Aug 14, '10 2:35pm PST 
Do you put a harness on your small dog? I have one for Pepsie. I put it on when we are going on a walk or at the dog park. I think most small dog owners should have a harness for their dog because collars can choke them and cause collasping tracheas. But what do I know? shrug
[notify]
Remy

I hate sweaters

Barked: Sat Aug 14, '10 3:22pm PST 
Remy wears a harness when we go out of the yard. Besides any concerns with his trachea, I also think it gives me better control over him than a collar. It would be nice if we could just use his collar, especially in summer when it's hot, but for now he needs his harness.
[notify]
Addy, CGC

Let's go for a- walk!

Barked: Sat Aug 14, '10 3:28pm PST 
I use a harness for Addy. She had serious fear problems when I first got her, and pulling on the collar when she got worked up just made her more worked up. Switching first to the Gentle Leader, and then to a harness, helped her to be calmer, and braver.
[notify]

Gizmo

14- Years- Young!

Barked: Sat Aug 14, '10 4:31pm PST 
I use a martingale collar for Giz. She has awesome leash manners. When I initially trained LLW with her I did use a regular (back clip) harness.

For Abbey I use an Easy Walk harness (clips in front, discourages pulling.)
[notify]
Minster Jr.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Barked: Sat Aug 14, '10 4:36pm PST 
I use a Harness always on Min cause he is septable to collapsing trachia...It also make it easier to hook him up to his carseat..
[notify]
Isabelle

Tougher than I- look!! :)

Barked: Sat Aug 14, '10 4:55pm PST 
I have a harness, but Momma wants to get me one of the step-in type. Has anyone tried one of those?
[notify]
Pepsie

*Pepsie the- Papillon*

Barked: Sat Aug 14, '10 5:00pm PST 
Yeah.. I like harnesses because you gain more control and when they pull, they're not choking themselves to death wink

Edited by author Sat Aug 14, '10 5:05pm PST

[notify]
Bingley

Cookie Monster

Barked: Sat Aug 14, '10 5:18pm PST 
I use a Buddy Belt. They aren't cheap, but is by far the best harness I bought, and is now the only one I use. Bingley's not a puller, but I feel safer know if a situation came up and he did pull, he's not going to choke himself.
[notify]
Gangsta

The true- hardcore dog.

Barked: Sat Aug 14, '10 5:29pm PST 
I've always used harnesses for our Dachshunds, but when my boyfriend got Gangsta there was no question if we would use a harness. They are much safer and prevent choking, I see nothing better about using collars. They seem unsafe to me for walking.
[notify]
Pepsie

*Pepsie the- Papillon*

Barked: Sat Aug 14, '10 6:42pm PST 
Yes, harnesses are much safer than collars. Of course Pepsie has a collar on at all times(except night time, we sometimes take it off because her clinging I.D. tag gets annoying) because it carries her I.D. tag but I never use it for a walk anymore, since our harness came in. puppy
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5