GO!

Doggy on my door-step....

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Enzo

Nothing but love

Barked: Sat Dec 14, '13 6:20pm PST 
This is so sad frown I don't even really know what to say frown At least he's not afraid or abused anymore. Maybe he'll greet you one day at the rainbow bridge and walk by your side, thanking you for the only kindness he saw rainbow
[notify]
Caledonia

Sad-Eyed Doggie- of the Lowlands

Barked: Sun Dec 15, '13 12:46pm PST 
Story like this that just makes you want to cry for the furbabies that die out there for the crime of being misunderstood. The right home far away from where he had lived and I'm sure somebody could have rehabbed that poor boy...I think he just looked terribly sad, not viciousfrown
[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sun Dec 15, '13 4:12pm PST 
Sonny, at least he knew some kindness from you. We can only save so many, which are the lucky few.I agree with you Moose, sometimes I hate people too. Meaning the drug dealers and the shelter people. shrug
[notify]

Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Sun Dec 15, '13 11:11pm PST 
Oh that poor dog. At least he found someone who cared even if you could not do very much for him.

In a lot of places dogs who are confiscated for neglect or cruelty/dog fighting end up sitting in the pounds for months waiting for their owners' court cases to be ruled on before they can be relinquished, because they're considered evidence and then when they are finally released they are often euthanized. A lot of times they barely get any human interaction.
There are a few places that are working on creating programs to help these dogs. Here in Chicago a local organization has started a "Court Case dogs" program to train and work with these dogs and then help them find rescues once they are finally relinquished and allowed to be adopted out.
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Tue Dec 17, '13 6:23pm PST 
I love rotties. Poor baby, having already been in an abusive home and never really given a chance. At least in the end, he had somebody who cared. smile
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2