|Barked: Sat Sep 14, '13 6:57pm PST |
as some of you may know, about 4 million dogs are euthanized each year mainly because of owners whom can't take care of them. many shelters are utilizing social media to spread the awareness but that's not enough.
i know this might sound like an overzealous plan but what if we could somehow come up with a low cost solution and propose it to the city to help fund the cause. some of you might say, our government doesn't care about this or may not have enough money. then perhaps we can target all of the big name pet companies who probably do have a budget for this. what ever it is, i believe that if we believe in the cause enough, we can make it happen.
at a very high level, i was thinking we can use the funds to obtain a large chunk of land in the suburbs where we can create a dog ranch for all dogs who can't find an owner and before they run out of time, we can save them. again, i know it sounds a lot easier than it actually is but i feel that with the proper planning, we can make this happen.
so how can YOU help?
• become active in this discussion
• suggest ideas on how we can save these dogs
• build upon these ideas
here are some questions that come to mind -- feel free to chime in with answers or if you have questions to add to the list
• what is a good name for this project?
• what colors should we use for the logo?
• what is a good tagline/slogan?
research & analysis
• why are dogs abandoned?
• why might we NOT be able to save certain dogs? ie. they attack people
• which cities have the highest rate of euthanized dogs? this is a good starting point on which areas to focus on.
• i'm against caging dogs but there are certain breeds that need to be separated from others, which are they?
finance & accounting (calculating project costs)
• what is the average age of the dogs that are euthanized?
• how old do dogs live up to on average?
• what are the avg food costs for dogs per year?
• what are the avg health expenses for dogs each year?
• how much would it cost to hire a full time on-site veterinarian?
• how many in-house veterinarians for every 1000 dogs?
sales & marketing
• how can we raise awareness for this?
• how can we raise funds for this cause?
• how do you start a non-profit organization?
• what is the procedure for putting dogs up for adoption?
• what are the requirements needed from people when they adopt dogs?
architect & construction (incorporate to project costs)
• what type of building structure is low cost that we can build for this project? what is the cost per sq ft?
• dogs need to be separated when they eat/sleep. outside of that, i feel that they should roam around and play with each other. what type of layout should be created for this project?
|my posts|| [notify]|