GO!

Twister is missing. :(

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Tue May 14, '13 3:25pm PST 
Not sure if it is okay to post this here, wasn't sure where else I could. It's taken a lot just to get around to saying this, but Twister has been missing since April 29th.frown I wasn't even told (he was being dog-sat by family) until nearly a week after he went missing because they were hoping they would be able to find him first. I've been posting ads, went to the shelter, am keeping tabs with a few FB groups...I searched the woods around their property (they live in the country)for several hours with my other sister's dog in case something had happened to him, but I haven't seen a trace of him. They said they had let him out to go potty, and I guess he went into the woods (they said he has been doing that with their cat), but he never came back when they called for him...and before he would always come back when called. Right now I don't know what to think, I don't want to give up hope of having a 'happy ending'...but that's not looking very likely anymore.cry
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Tue May 14, '13 3:43pm PST 
hughughughughug Paws crossed for his safe returnhug
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Tue May 14, '13 4:28pm PST 
hug Have you expanded the online search area and contacted shelters in other areas? I know of someone who picked up a dog and ended up taking it several states away instead of taking the dog to a shelter facility.

Is Twister chipped? Have you set up a "Find Twister" FB page that could be shared?

hughughug
[notify]

Twister

forever loved

Barked: Tue May 14, '13 4:56pm PST 
I have been searching Petfinder and other sites pretty much every day. I actually found two that looked at lot like him, but one was female, and the other one isn't him (and is in another state, but anythings possible). I haven't started his own page, but I have asked on my FB for people (esp those in the area) to keep an eye out for him. Twist isn't chipped (I was planning on it, but hadn't gotten around to it), but he was wearing his collar and tags.

...I also think one of the neighbors might have had something to do with it, or their dogs attacked him, but that is just a possibility, I have no proof of that happening. I hope it's just that he got lost and/or picked up...but out here, if it's a dog in the country by itself people just assume it's a dog that was dumped and would sooner shoot it than try to help it.confused

Edited by author Tue May 14, '13 5:04pm PST

[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Tue May 14, '13 5:27pm PST 
Hope you find him soon. hughughughug
[notify]
Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Tue May 14, '13 5:32pm PST 
You are in our thoughts and prayers. We're hoping for Twister's safe return. hug
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Tue May 14, '13 5:43pm PST 
Definitely call all the shelters even remotely nearby. A lot of dogs in more crowded shelters don't get listed on Petfinder. Could also post on sites like Craigslist in case anyone has seen him.

Hope you find him soon hughughug
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Tue May 14, '13 5:56pm PST 
Yeah, that's a good idea. I do have a couple ads out on Craigslist for him, hopefully that will turn something up if someone knows something. Thanks ya'll.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Tue May 14, '13 6:06pm PST 
My heart goes out to you... Stay positive.. hard as that might be...

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Tue May 14, '13 8:04pm PST 
I'm so sorry. I can't imagine what you're going through. hug
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5