GO!

Gorgeous AKC Golden up for Adoption in Houston, TX

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Barked: Mon Apr 15, '13 10:41pm PST 
We are forced to put our precious dog, Bella up for adoption. We are very sad but it is unavoidable. She is 5 yrs old, red in color & very tall & beautiful. She never barks, is so sweet & laid back, has never had an accident & has never chewed anything! Her only problem is a fear of strangers reaching for her or putting their faces down approaching her. With someone who has experience in training dogs, I know she could overcome this. She curls her lip to warn them to back off & she has snapped before. It is worse with small kids because they are eye level with her & loud & scare her. But if she knows you, you can rub your face all over hers, or do anything to her or with her. She is the biggest lover & sweetheart! She has become this way because the person she loved most & adored has abandoned her. Now she is not getting the needed exercise & attention. I have checked into the Golden Rescue but their website says if they growl or anything, they won't take them. Please, please, please, help me find a loving home for her. She is healthy (a little chubby right now without exercise), spade of course & is well taken care of
crydoglittle angel
[notify]
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Mon Apr 15, '13 11:38pm PST 
Maybe try contacting her breeder to see if they could take her back or help find her a home?

Goodluck
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Wed Apr 17, '13 11:59pm PST 
I agree with Nare. Your FIRST call should be her breeder. ALL responsible breeders want their dogs returned if owners can not keep them. I am a bit puzzled about your statement that she is "this way" because the person she "loved most abandoned her." Dogs are resilient & can handle a lot more than we think. Why hasn't someone stepped up to fill that void? Why is she not getting training & exercise? I think there is more to this story than you are saying. Why not hire a behaviorist to work with you & fix her issues?
You can open a free account here on Dogster & list her as adoptable on her profile.
[notify]